Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question On University & Course

1. Jun 22, 2010 #1
    Hello everyone,

Can anyone please tell me which university and what postgraduate course/program for learn and built a CNC machine?

Thanks in advance

Huygen

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 22, 2010 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

It seems like just about any undergraduate ME program would be able to offer that. What schools are near you? Have you looked at their undergraduate (upper division) courses? There will be some ME labs -- you will be looking at the more advanced lab courses to see what they cover in the way of CNC.

4. Jun 22, 2010 #3
    I am seeking university in USA or UK that offers a program on how to build a CNC machine.

5. Jun 22, 2010 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I'm not even sure you need to go to a university to learn that subject. This wiki article has a pretty good background on CNC, and discusses the current status:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNC_machine

Check out the final paragraphs where they are discussing do-it-yourself CNC setups that are PC based.

6. Jun 22, 2010 #5
    Yes I already know about mini CNC milling machine before such as Sherline, Syil, etc. But I want to know whether there are available any postgraduate course/program that taught how to built a professional CNC machine such as Haas, Mori Seiki, etc.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook