Question regarding the big bang theory

1. How can the distance from the sun to the end of the universe be only 137 000 times longer than the distance from the sun to the end of the galaxy?

2. jcsd
  3. cristo

cristo 8,412
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Well, perhaps you could give us some links to support your comments. Most importantly, what do you mean here by "the end of the universe"?

I'm editing your title-- it's not conducive to a sensible discussion.

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  4. If BB is true, one would expect the galaxies to spread out evenly. But this is not the case. They are shaped in complex filaments with enormous empty spaces in between. It takes a long time to form these structures. The sunlight moves really slowly in this on this scale - and then we're talking of the highest POSSIBLE speed!

So to me, believing in BB is a religion.

5. A BB-supporting friend of mine suggested that I study BB at a university before criticizing it. I'm not gonna do that, but I'd like to learn more. Any suggestions to what I can read? Preferably websites.

6. cristo

cristo 8,412
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

7. cristo

cristo 8,412
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I'm closing this thread, since the OP seemingly does not want to learn. Kasse, if you wish to reply to this thread, then PM me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?