Questions In Electricity And Thermal Physics

In summary, the individual is seeking answers for questions related to physics, specifically on the topics of filament lamps, electric cells, and batteries. They are wondering about the process of electrons returning to their original energy levels in a glowing filament lamp, the structure of an electric cell and battery, and the chemical reaction that produces energy in a battery. They are encouraged to do independent research on the subjects before asking specific questions.
almirza
Hi

Within one month and a half I will be taking an exam in this section of physics and I need answers for some questions or in fact lots of questions:

que 1 / when a filament lamp glows that means it has been heated and as I understood from physics that light is emitted when electrons come back to their original energy levels what i am wondering is how these electrons come back and the heating process is continueing or the energy is still giving??

ques 2 / Can any of you provide me the structure of an electric cell??And the same for a battery?

que 3 / It is said that energy inside a battery is produced by the chemical reaction and what I am wondering is why the chemical reaction is only taking place when the battery is connected to a component?Or I am mistaken, the chemical reaction is taking place even if the battery is not connected??

Looking forward to receiving answers.

ALMIRZA

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey come on gays help me in answering these questions...

:bugeye: :frown: :bugeye: :frown: :eek: :eek:

Looking forward to receiving answers.

This is not an "answer" service. Try the questions and we can help you through them. Searching Google is great for finding facts.

Start at wikipedia.org, and do searches and some reading on subjects like batteries, light bulbs, black body radiation, electron orbitals, light, etc. That will get you far, my friend.

Then after you do that background work, please feel free to post specific questions here (showing your work up to the point where you are stuck or confused). Welcome to the PF.

Related to Questions In Electricity And Thermal Physics

1. What is the difference between electricity and thermal physics?

Electricity is the branch of physics that deals with the study of electric charges and their interactions, while thermal physics is the study of heat and temperature and their effects on matter. In simple terms, electricity focuses on the movement of electrons, while thermal physics focuses on the movement of atoms and molecules.

2. How do electric charges interact with each other?

Electric charges interact with each other through the electromagnetic force. Like charges repel each other, while opposite charges attract each other. This force is responsible for the movement of electrons in a circuit and the formation of electric fields.

3. What is the difference between conductors and insulators?

Conductors are materials that allow electric charges to flow through them easily, while insulators are materials that do not allow electric charges to flow through them easily. This is due to the difference in the number of free electrons in each material. Conductors have more free electrons, while insulators have fewer free electrons.

4. How does temperature affect the resistance of a material?

As the temperature of a material increases, the resistance also increases. This is because at higher temperatures, the atoms in the material vibrate more vigorously, which makes it more difficult for electrons to flow through. This phenomenon is known as thermal resistance.

5. What is the relationship between heat and work in thermodynamics?

In thermodynamics, heat and work are both forms of energy. Heat is the transfer of thermal energy from a body at a higher temperature to a body at a lower temperature, while work is the transfer of energy due to a force acting on an object. The first law of thermodynamics states that the change in internal energy of a system is equal to the heat added to the system minus the work done by the system.