Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions regarding light and dark

1. Jul 19, 2010 #1
    Hello there,

I am utterly new to this forum and am looking for a little guidance. I am by no means a physics expert, but do have an interest in its various subjects. Can someone please guide me as to how I can present a theory of my own model on Dark Matter & the EM/Quantum Duality paradox for sruitiny by the contributors to these forums?

The reason I would like to submit this is so that perhaps my own (likely incorrect) model can be corrected (or even explored?). I have held these notions since my early teens and am realising some serious oddities as I read through my new collection of popular science books; the oddities are in the fact that I cannot disprove my own theory/model.

Any help or guidance would be very welcome as it is beginning to interfere with my sleep-pattern and ultimately may lead to some unhappy patients!

With thanks in advance
    Ali

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 19, 2010 #2

Dale

Staff: Mentor

4. Jul 20, 2010 #3
    Hi DaleSpam,

Thank you for the pointer. I read the rules of submission: I'm unfortunately not a scientist and am not able to submit anything that conforms to the format of a regular paper (abstract etc.), mainly since it is a collection of ideas as opposed to any experimental results. Should I still send it to the same forum or should I try a different section, bearing in mind that it is a good 2.5k words long?

5. Jul 20, 2010 #4

Dale

Staff: Mentor

If you are unable or unwilling to conform to the required format then it is not going to be acceptable anywhere else on PF. The usual rule is that personal theories and speculative posts are forbidden. PF is for learning about mainstream science. The one exception to that rule is the independent research sub-forum, which is moderated and has stringent requirements in order to ensure that it does not become a mirror of so many other internet forums.

6. Jul 20, 2010 #5
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a forum for general crackpottery; perhaps the O/P may find an outlet there.
    Here's the crackpot forum for all concerned: https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

7. Jul 24, 2010 #6
    'Crackpottery'? Love it! I found a few answers here and there and from two of your more helpful contributors, all without having to call anyone names like crackpot. Thank you for the pointers.
    Ali

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook