Questions with regard to gravit

• Thread starter BeastST
  • Start date
In summary, a person is seeking information about gravity and its effects on movement. They are not in school and are not looking for homework help, but rather trying to invent something. They are unsure if it is possible to increase the force of gravity without using magnetism or electro-magnetism, and increasing weight. Another person responds by explaining that acceleration is equivalent to gravitation and that centripetal acceleration can also be used to increase the force of gravity.
BeastST
I have a few questions with regard to gravity which i need to speak to someone about that know what they are talking about as soon as possible, if you would be so kinds as to pls drop me a pm i would appreciate it.

Physics news on Phys.org

Hi BeastST. Welcome to Physics Forums.

We don't conduct "business" by pm here in the homework forum. If you have specific questions related to homework or coursework, then by all means post them here (and try to use the provided template for structuring the posts).

If your questions are more general or conceptual in nature, then perhaps the General Physics or Classical Physics forum would be more appropriate.

Hi gneil, i do appreciate the reply, however, i am not in school and this is not "homework" it has more to do with something i am trying to invent, given the magnitude of the plan and idea, putting the info on a thread is not something i am happy with, i did try use ur template, but to be honest, i am a specialized Personal Trainer, left maths in grade 10, never did physics as my school did not offer it as a subject otherwise i would have known a bit more about it, i just need to know if a few things are possible give then laws of physics, so best i thought to ask u someone here.

If there is something anyone wants to know about training then i can give advice and teach u more than u ever need to know, but that is my scope of practice, not physics, so, i can go as far as this...

Is it by any means EXCEPT magnatism and or electro.m, and increasing weight a way to increase the force of gravity on an object in a given area that needs to move without restriction?

Help would be appreciated
Thanx

BeastST said:
Is it by any means EXCEPT magnatism and or electro.m, and increasing weight a way to increase the force of gravity on an object in a given area that needs to move without restriction?
Thanx

Acceleration is equivalent to gravitation -- just stand in an elevator that's accelerating upwards and the effective weight increases accordingly. Another way to accomplish this is through centripetal acceleration -- that's what centrifuges do.

Sure, I would be happy to address any questions you have about gravity. Can you please specify what specific aspects of gravity you would like to discuss? Gravity is a fundamental force in the universe that is responsible for the attraction between objects with mass. It is described by the theory of general relativity and has been extensively studied and understood by scientists. I would be happy to provide more information and clarify any confusion you may have about gravity.

1. What is gravity?

Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which all objects with mass are brought towards each other. It is one of the fundamental forces in the universe and is responsible for keeping planets in orbit around stars and for the formation of galaxies.

2. How does gravity work?

Gravity is the result of the curvature of space and time caused by massive objects. The more massive an object is, the more it warps the fabric of space-time, creating a gravitational pull that attracts other objects towards it.

3. What is the difference between gravity and gravitation?

Gravity and gravitation are often used interchangeably, but there is a slight difference between the two terms. Gravity refers to the force that attracts objects towards each other, while gravitation is the theory that explains how gravity works.

4. Can gravity be manipulated or controlled?

As of now, there is no known way to manipulate or control gravity. However, scientists are constantly researching and studying ways to harness the power of gravity for space travel and other applications.

5. How does gravity affect the human body?

Gravity plays a crucial role in keeping our bodies functioning properly. It keeps our feet on the ground and helps regulate blood flow, bone density, and muscle strength. In the absence of gravity, such as in space, the human body can experience changes and health issues.