1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions with regard to gravit

1. Sep 14, 2011 #1
    I have a few questions with regard to gravity which i need to speak to someone about that know what they are talking about as soon as possible, if you would be so kinds as to pls drop me a pm i would appreciate it.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 14, 2011 #2

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Re: Gravity

Hi BeastST. Welcome to Physics Forums.

We don't conduct "business" by pm here in the homework forum. If you have specific questions related to homework or coursework, then by all means post them here (and try to use the provided template for structuring the posts).

If your questions are more general or conceptual in nature, then perhaps the General Physics or Classical Physics forum would be more appropriate.

4. Sep 16, 2011 #3

Hi gneil, i do appreciate the reply, however, i am not in school and this is not "homework" it has more to do with something i am trying to invent, given the magnitude of the plan and idea, putting the info on a thread is not something i am happy with, i did try use ur template, but to be honest, i am a specialized Personal Trainer, left maths in grade 10, never did physics as my school did not offer it as a subject otherwise i would have known a bit more about it, i just need to know if a few things are possible give then laws of physics, so best i thought to ask u someone here.

If there is something anyone wants to know about training then i can give advice and teach u more than u ever need to know, but that is my scope of practice, not physics, so, i can go as far as this...

Is it by any means EXCEPT magnatism and or electro.m, and increasing weight a way to increase the force of gravity on an object in a given area that needs to move without restriction?

Help would be appreciated
    Thanx

5. Sep 16, 2011 #4

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Acceleration is equivalent to gravitation -- just stand in an elevator that's accelerating upwards and the effective weight increases accordingly. Another way to accomplish this is through centripetal acceleration -- that's what centrifuges do.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook