Bullet fired on Earth vs Moon: flight time, range and impact velocity

  • Thread starter Thread starter dominus96
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
dominus96
Messages
51
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Identical guns fire identical bullets horizontally at the same speed from the same height above level planes, one on the Earth and one on the Moon. Which of the following three statements is/are true?

a) The flight time is less for the bullet on the Earth.
b) The horizontal distance traveled by the bullet is greater for the Moon.
c) The velocity of the bullets at impact are the same.

I need to pick all the ones that apply. I think b)would be one, but I don't know what else, if any.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The one on the moon stays in the air longer because of the much lower gravity, so does that mean both a) and b) are true?