Quick little question about energy conservation

In summary, energy conservation is the practice of using energy more efficiently and reducing unnecessary waste. It is important because it helps to reduce energy consumption, save money, and promote sustainability for future generations. Ways to conserve energy in daily life include turning off lights and electronics, using energy-efficient appliances, and using public transportation. The benefits of energy conservation include reduced energy costs, a smaller carbon footprint, and a more sustainable future. Individuals can play a crucial role in energy conservation by making small changes in their daily habits and advocating for policies and practices that promote energy conservation.
rygza
When do i know which component of velocity to use when an object is shot at an angle?

For example: a ball of given mass is shot 32degrees above the ground with Vinitial of 74m/s. In using conservation of energy, K.E. = .5 mv^2 , which velocity component do i use?

Physics news on Phys.org
KE is a scalar. Use the magnitude of the velocity vector (i.e., both components contribute to the total KE).

in conservation of energy you take net velocity

1. What is energy conservation?

Energy conservation is the practice of reducing the amount of energy used to perform a certain task or activity. It involves using energy more efficiently and reducing unnecessary waste.

2. Why is energy conservation important?

Energy conservation is important because it helps to reduce our overall energy consumption, which in turn reduces our impact on the environment. It also helps to save money on energy costs and promotes sustainability for future generations.

3. How can I conserve energy in my daily life?

There are many ways to conserve energy in daily life, such as turning off lights and electronics when not in use, using energy-efficient appliances, taking public transportation or carpooling, and using natural light instead of artificial lighting whenever possible.

4. What are the benefits of energy conservation?

The benefits of energy conservation include reduced energy costs, decreased carbon footprint, improved air and water quality, and a more sustainable future. It also helps to preserve natural resources and protect the environment.

5. What role do individuals play in energy conservation?

Individuals play a crucial role in energy conservation by making small changes in their daily habits and choices. This can include using energy-efficient appliances, reducing waste, and being mindful of energy consumption. Individuals can also advocate for policies and practices that promote energy conservation on a larger scale.