Quick question: Screwes and classes

• Thread starter flasht
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Classes
In summary, screws and classes are tools used for fastening materials together, with screws being used for wood and metal and classes for masonry and concrete. They have different designs and require different methods of installation, and the right one for your project depends on factors such as material and intended use. In most cases, both screws and classes can be reused if they are in good condition.
flasht
Hi All,

I am reading about screws and screw classes, but can not find any data (such as tensile strength) on screws with the class A4...Best Regards,

FlashT

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
See roymech, except change "strength class" or "strength designation" to "ISO property class," change "Newton" to "Newton," and change N/mm^2 to MPa. You can also see ISO steel grade A2, property class 50, 70, and 80 (i.e., A2-50, A2-70, and A2-80) here.

1. What are screws and classes used for?

Screws and classes are used as tools for fastening materials together. Screws are typically used for wood and metal materials, while classes are used for masonry and concrete materials.

2. How are screws and classes different from each other?

Screws have a threaded shaft and a head with a slot or cross-shaped indentation, while classes have a series of ridges on their surface. Screws are typically self-tapping, while classes require pre-drilled holes.

3. What are the different types of screws and classes?

There are many different types of screws and classes, including wood screws, self-tapping screws, machine screws, drywall screws, lag screws, and more. Classes also come in various designs, such as sleeve anchors, wedge anchors, and drop-in anchors.

4. How do I choose the right screw or class for my project?

The right screw or class for your project depends on the materials you are working with and the intended use. It is important to consider factors such as size, thread type, head type, and material compatibility when selecting the appropriate screw or class.

5. Can screws and classes be reused?

In most cases, screws and classes can be reused if they are in good condition. However, it is important to check the integrity of the screw or class before reusing it to ensure it will hold securely.