Radiation physics textbook covering radioactivity to dosimetry

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Soilwork
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Hey guys I need some help here.
There isn't a textbook for the Radiation Physics we are learning at the moment and all we use are the lecturer's lecture notes.
I was hoping that some of you might know of a really good textbook that covers radiation physics in depth.
The topics that we are covering are:

1. Radioactivity
2. Interaction of radiation with matter
3. X-Rays
4. Neutrons
5. Particle Accelerators
6. Detection Methods
7. Radioanlytical techniques
8. Radiation Dosimetry

Any recommendations would be really helpful.
I was thinking of posting this in the college help section, but I figured since it is just a textbook recommendation question that it could be suitable for the general discussion.
I'd appreciate anything thanks :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
you're probably better off reading the approperiate sections of different textbooks. I can't think of a single book that'd cover all of that. skim through your college library for books on x-ray physics, instrumentation and experimental methdods and nuclear physics and you should be off to a good start.
 
Yeah I have done that and there are a few books that help a little, but I was wondering if somebody knew of a book that was particularly good at explaining at least a few of those topics.