Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Random thoughts on Fibonnacci sequence

1. Jul 3, 2017 #1
    Why nature has a lot of application of fibonacci sequence
    I mean why the number of spirals in the head of sunflower always has to be a memeber of fibonacci sequence, why pinecones displays similar patterns and many more examples.

Do we really know the answer?
    I mean is this question is similar to asking why planets,objects follows newtons law?
    I think answers to all such question can only be given by nature, i think we as a science enthusiast are here to search the answers for how nature describes something instead of why she described it that way, because thats her beauty
    What are your views?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 3, 2017 #2

jim hardy

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

It's natural.

4. Jul 3, 2017 #3
    @Dale

5. Jul 3, 2017 #4

Dale

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, despite my generally opinionated nature, I have no opinion on this topic.

6. Jul 3, 2017 #5

lewando

Gold Member

I think its the other way around. Planets and objects are generally unaware of Newton.

If you mean by studying nature, I agree.

I'm not sure nature does a lot of describing. Nature provides a lot of examples. It is us that do the describing-- a distinctly human character flaw.:wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted