Rare medical conditions on 20/20 tonight

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Conditions Medical
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 4K views
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Messages
24,114
Reaction score
3,277
Tonight on 20/20 10PM EST/9PM CST.

Case studies of rare medical conditions, including misophonia, a hatred of ordinary sounds; pica, a craving for inedible objects; gelastic seizures, which cause uncontrollable giggling; and a parasitic bacterial infection that causes strange behaviors.
I know some people would like to watch this.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Tonight on 20/20 10PM EST/9PM CST.

I know some people would like to watch this.
I would like to have seen something on gelastic seizures. Where the hell were the gelastic seizures?
 
zoobyshoe said:
I would like to have seen something on gelastic seizures. Where the hell were the gelastic seizures?
Apparently that got cut so they could fit in the commercials. They could have cut a lot of the "personal victory" part of alopecia and a lot of the pica to fit it in.
 
I can't help but laugh at shows like this, but my wife just eats them up.
 
Jimmy Snyder said:
I can't help but laugh at shows like this, but my wife just eats them up.
Misophenia was really interesting, I didn't realize how severe it could be. I remember with my ex husband it got to the point that even his breathing irritated me, but I don't think it was due to misophenia.
 
Evo said:
I remember with my ex husband it got to the point that even his breathing irritated me, but I don't think it was due to misophenia.
Perhaps not. Were you able to stand the sight of him?