Rate of Production with Given Information

In summary, to find the rate of oxygen release at SATP when 0.20 g of KClO3 decomposes in 2.8 seconds, we first convert the mass of KClO3 to moles and then use the given information to calculate the rate of decomposition. To find the rate of oxygen release, we can use the equation n = PV/RT, where n is the number of moles, P is the pressure, V is the volume, R is the gas constant, and T is the temperature.
Complex_

Homework Statement

2 KClO3 (s) + heat --> 2 KCl (s) + 3 O2 (g)

If 0.20 g of KClO3 (s) decomposes in 2.8 s, at what rate is oxygen O2 (g) released over this time at SATP?

Homework Equations

n = PV/RT

The Attempt at a Solution

Converted KClO3 to mol.

.20 x 1 / 122.5495g = 0.001632 mol KCl

Find rate of decomposition :

.001632 mol in 2.8 sec --> 2 mol in 3431.37 sec

2/3431.37 = .000583 mol/s

The rate of decomposition of KClO3 is .000583 mol/s

I'm stuck at this part. I know I need to use some sort of n = PV/RT since it tells me that it is at SATP. Can I have some hints or help?

Physics news on Phys.org
Complex_ said:
0.001632 mol KCl
Check.
Complex_ said:
.000583 mol/s
Check.
Complex_ said:
at what rate is oxygen O2 (g)
What's next?

1. What is the definition of rate of production?

The rate of production is the amount of a product or service that is produced per unit of time. It is a measure of the efficiency and productivity of a production process.

2. How is rate of production calculated?

Rate of production is calculated by dividing the total number of units produced by the total time it took to produce them. The formula is: rate of production = units produced / time.

3. What factors affect the rate of production?

The rate of production can be affected by various factors such as the availability of resources, the efficiency of the production process, the skills and experience of workers, and external factors such as market demand and competition.

4. How can the rate of production be increased?

The rate of production can be increased by improving the efficiency of the production process, investing in new technology and equipment, providing training and development opportunities for workers, and implementing strategies to meet market demand.

5. What are the limitations of using rate of production as a measure?

While rate of production is a useful measure, it does not take into account quality or customer satisfaction. It also does not consider external factors such as changes in market demand or supply chain disruptions. Additionally, it may not accurately reflect the overall performance of a production process if other factors, such as cost, are not taken into account.