1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ratio of product to difference - terminology?

  1. Apr 14, 2013 #1


    User Avatar

    Is there a specific mathematical term, which refers to this expression?

    A * B
    A - B
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2013 #2


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

    hi dgm! :smile:
    not that i know of …

    where did you come across this? :confused:
  4. Apr 14, 2013 #3
    It can be expressed as the reciprocal of (1/B)-(1/A).
  5. Apr 14, 2013 #4


    User Avatar

    It's the form of an expression for the "room constant", a measurement in acoustics:


    S is total surface area of a room, A is total absorption of a room in sabins.

    Nice one. Thanks.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook