• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Reading a Paper From Springerlink

• Thread starter Cypher49
  • Start date
Hi,
I'm writing an assignment for school and there is a paper on springerlink which looks like it could be of help to me, the site wants me to pay $45 for the single article but I think that for subscribers it is free.

So I was wondering if anyone who is already a subscriber is willing to let me see the paper, I'm only asking for help because I don't know for 100% if this paper will help me and it would be a waste if I bought it and I ended up not using it in my assignment and also I don't know if all scientific papers are like this but it seems a bit too much for a single paper.

I hope someone can help and I apologize if I broke any forum rules by posting this.

Regards

Answers and Replies

Mapes
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Talk to your school librarian; that's what they're there for.

turbo
Gold Member
And if your school librarian can't help, chances are that at least a few colleges in your area subscribe and can provide you with access.

BTW, you should Google on the title of the paper. Springer sells access through their print journals and e-journals, but once authors have satisfied their peer-review process, Springer often encourages the authors to pre-publish on arXiv before publishing the paper in their own media. It's worth a shot...

Actually I did talk to both my school library and my local library before I posted this and they both said that they couldn't help.
The school basically said that because it is my own research I would have to pay for any research material.

The paper is from 2002 and the only other place that I would find a link to the pdf was from the state university of new york but you need a login and I'm not even from America. I tried searching on arXiv but no luck there.

If I want to get in contact with a UK university should I just e-mail them and ask if they can share this paper with me.

Also, thanks for getting back to me so soon.