Ready for a Sharpened and Battery-Powered Ides of March?
- Thread starter Hurkyl
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
39 replies · 4K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
z-component
- 494
- 2
Hmm, I don't know. Today seemed pretty average to me. It felt like the day after Pi Day.
scott_alexsk
- 335
- 0
Beware the ides of March!
zoobyshoe
- 6,514
- 1,255
Everyone will be fine so long as you stay away from seat of government buildings, and your best friends.
scott_alexsk
- 335
- 0
[Julius Caesar=quote]Cowards die many times before death, but the couragous only taste it but once.[/quote] (or something like that). I have nothing to fear.
-scott
-scott
franznietzsche
- 1,523
- 6
Meh, I've had a good run. Back to work now.
Cyrus
- 3,246
- 17
Et tu brute!?
Dawguard
- 109
- 3
Brute? His name was Brutus!cyrusabdollahi said:Et tu brute!?
Cyrus
- 3,246
- 17
What do you think Brute means?.....
Dawguard
- 109
- 3
Must be a different version.cyrusabdollahi said:What do you think Brute means?.....
Cyrus
- 3,246
- 17
No...
Dawguard
- 109
- 3
The copy I have I got from my father who got it, while he was in college from, his aunt. I seriously doubt its the same version as yours. I googled the speech, and everything I can find says Brute, so my version must simply have been a typo, or some such.
Dawguard
- 109
- 3
It'd suck to have Brute as your nickname. No wonder he went bonkers and killed Ceaser!Astronuc said:Brute was kind of a nickname. One syllable preferred - like Bob.![]()
Cyrus
- 3,246
- 17
its said, bru:te
sp: Brutè or Brutë
sp: Brutè or Brutë
wiki said:The phrase is often misquoted as "Et tu, Brutus?" Brute is the Latin vocative form of Brutus, used when directly addressing the individual in question. The nominative form, Brutus, would be used in a sentence such as "Brutus killed me", where Brutus is the grammatical subject of a verb.
Dawguard
- 109
- 3
Damn, I've got a substandard book! Who is responsible, the fiend shall die! 

rachmaninoff
Lots of modern languages decline names. E.g., most Slavic languages.
edit:
Heck, in English you decline names!
Alice
Alice's
edit:
Heck, in English you decline names!
Alice
Alice's
Last edited by a moderator:
Cyrus
- 3,246
- 17
Et tu Chroote?
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
Chrootécyrusabdollahi said:Et tu Chroote?
rachmaninoff
Crouton. 
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
rachmaninoff said:Crouton.![]()
j/k Chroot. Please don't ban me.
Cyrus
- 3,246
- 17
Chrootus Adminus of Bay Area.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
Hail Chrootus Adminus!
Dawguard
- 109
- 3
Ah, now for the snarky point. The ending of your latin is all wrong. I didn't know the names were changed, but I do know that there are no articles. Therefore it should read, "I'm Chrootus, Adminus of Wholeum Worldum".chroot said:Ahem. I'm Chrootus Adminus of the Wholeus Worldus, thank-you-very-much.
- Warren
Similar threads
- Fred Gandolfo
- · Replies 5 ·
- Electrical Engineering
- Replies
- 5
- MichaelTam
- · Replies 14 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 14
- Anand Sivaram
- · Replies 139 ·
- Aerospace Engineering
- Replies
- 139
- Robert Hearne
- · Replies 72 ·
- Aerospace Engineering
- Replies
- 72
- RyanP
- · Replies 7 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 7
- LK5
- · Replies 6 ·
- STEM Educators and Teaching
- Replies
- 6
- ThomasMHeat
- · Replies 9 ·
- Electrical Engineering
- Replies
- 9
- joshua17515
- · Replies 2 ·
- Electrical Engineering
- Replies
- 2
- nmeeker87
- · Replies 8 ·
- Electrical Engineering
- Replies
- 8
- johnflynn
- · Replies 4 ·
- Electrical Engineering
- Replies
- 4
