Really ANNOYING dynamics problem, HELP

• Thread starter altherik
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dynamics
In summary, when approaching a challenging dynamics problem, it is best to break it down into smaller parts and understand the basic principles and equations involved. If you get stuck, review the information and try approaching the problem from a different angle or seeking help. To improve understanding, practice and seek help if needed. Common mistakes to avoid include not labeling units, considering all forces, and accounting for acceleration. To stay calm and focused, take breaks and approach the problem with a positive mindset, trusting in your understanding.
altherik
Ok, so the problem is here:
http://polaris.deas.harvard.edu/galileo/images/material/1722/477/PracticeProblems.pdf
It's number 14.
I get Vp as 16.74 using the equation Vb = Va + (omega)ab cross (position vector)b/a, i found Vb as 12.56i-12.56j
Then i use Vp = Vb + (omega)bp cross (position vector)p/b. Computing i get 16.74 in/s, when it should be 55.9 in/s.
HELP!

Thanks much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Bump.
Still having trouble. i don't see how the result can be even near 50in/s

1. How do I approach a really annoying dynamics problem?

The best way to approach a challenging dynamics problem is to break it down into smaller parts and tackle each part individually. Make sure to understand the basic principles and equations involved before attempting the problem. It may also be helpful to draw diagrams or create a clear visual representation of the problem to better understand it.

2. What should I do if I get stuck on a dynamics problem?

If you get stuck on a dynamics problem, take a step back and review the information you have. Make sure you have correctly identified all the given information and have a clear understanding of the problem. You can also try approaching the problem from a different angle or seeking help from a classmate or teacher.

3. How can I improve my understanding of dynamics problems?

Practice is key when it comes to understanding dynamics problems. Make sure to work through various practice problems and seek help from your teacher or peers if needed. You can also try explaining the problem to someone else, as this can help solidify your understanding.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid in dynamics problems?

Some common mistakes in dynamics problems include not properly labeling units, not considering all forces at play, and forgetting to account for acceleration. Make sure to double check your work and be aware of any common mistakes you tend to make.

5. How can I stay calm and focused when dealing with a challenging dynamics problem?

It's important to stay calm and focused when dealing with a challenging dynamics problem. Take breaks if needed, and try to approach the problem with a positive mindset. Remind yourself that you are capable of solving the problem and trust in your understanding of the subject.