What is the Thermal Energy Generated from Sliding Down a Curved Surface?

• Thread starter saturdaykate
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Important
In summary, the conversation is about a person asking for help with a physics problem involving sliding objects and friction. The person mentions being stuck on the problem and having a bad day, but then asks for assistance and eventually comes to the correct answer.
saturdaykate
I am stuck on this problem and I really need to figure it out or I will probably have to kill myself. Just saying. Also, I'm having the worst day of life, was fired from my job, and basically laughed at by my parents. Here is the problem:

A 60kg person starts from rest and slides down the curved surface from height of 7.0 meters. If the speed at the bottom is 2.8 m/s, find how much thermal energy due to friction was generated.

PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, wait, I think I might have gotten the answer, does 3880.8J seem about right?

yeah, you got it right.

thank you, i really appreciate your help.

That seems correct.

- Warren

hey can u guys help me please

well the problem is
if you use a horizontalforce of 30.0N to slide a 12.0 kgwooden crate across a floor at a constant velocity, what is the coefficient of kinetic friction between the crate and the floor?
PLZ HELP ITS DUE TMRW THNX TO WHO EVER HELPS

why the hell did you post your question inside someone else's thread?
make your own thread, and show us what you've tried to do so far so we can help youi figure out where you went wrong.

What is the "Really Important Problem"?

The "Really Important Problem" refers to a major issue or challenge that has a significant impact on society, the environment, or human well-being.

Why is the "Really Important Problem" considered a pressing issue?

The "Really Important Problem" is considered a pressing issue because it has the potential to cause serious harm or negative consequences if left unaddressed. It may also have far-reaching implications that affect a large number of people.

What are the potential solutions to the "Really Important Problem"?

There are often multiple potential solutions to the "Really Important Problem," and they may vary depending on the specific circumstances and context. It is important to thoroughly research and consider all possible solutions before implementing any action.

What are the potential consequences of not addressing the "Really Important Problem"?

The consequences of not addressing the "Really Important Problem" can be severe and may include environmental degradation, economic downturn, social unrest, and negative impacts on human health and well-being. It is essential to take action to prevent these consequences from occurring.

How can individuals help to address the "Really Important Problem"?

Individuals can help address the "Really Important Problem" by educating themselves and others about the issue, making lifestyle changes to reduce their impact, supporting organizations and policies that address the problem, and actively participating in efforts to find solutions.