Really not able to grasp React due to it being so complicated

• Thread starter shivajikobardan
  • Start date
In summary: I think this is a great way to learn new things. This means finding a solution to the problem at hand and as an aside learning new things from the many code snippets you reviewed while searching for an answer. I think this is a great way to learn new things.
shivajikobardan
TL;DR Summary
finding react so hard that I'm unable to build simple application.
I'm learning react and I'm finding it almost impossible to learn. This is my first introduction to a framework/library. I know html,css,bootstrap and javascript.
I want to make a simple app like the below one.

SgGiJFsby-V1_7J4caLUrN24azGjD_MbgM2AOaSxLbwIf7Nepg.png

I just want to tell how bad state I'm atm that I'm unable to build this simple app.
Can you guys guide me a bit about what I should do to build such an app? And some meta-learning-React tips and techniques?

Technology news on Phys.org
thank you i think so. I just built part of the above application without much focusing on css.

shivajikobardan said:
TL;DR Summary: finding react so hard that I'm unable to build simple application.

I know html,css,bootstrap and javascript.
I think perhaps you may not know these as much as you think then. I'd continue focusing on these for a bit and then move to React. React should not feel like such a huge jump if you're proficient in the stack you listed.

• Informative
Likes Wrichik Basu, jedishrfu and berkeman
Greg Bernhardt said:
I think perhaps you may not know these as much as you think then. I'd continue focusing on these for a bit and then move to React. React should not feel like such a huge jump if you're proficient in the stack you listed.
You might be just right. how should i master html,css,javascript enough for learning react? Please share some tips? Should I focus on projects?

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you become a professional programmer, you lose the luxury of sitting back and learning something new. Instead you dive into a project, do the work and use the internet search to fill in the gaps in your knowledge.

This means finding a solution to the problem at hand and as an aside learning new things from the many code snippets you reviewed while searching for an answer.

1. Why is React considered to be complicated?

React is considered to be complicated because it introduces a new way of thinking about building user interfaces. It uses a component-based approach and relies heavily on JavaScript, which can be daunting for those who are not familiar with it.

2. What are some challenges in learning React?

Some challenges in learning React include understanding concepts such as JSX, state and props, and the virtual DOM. It also requires a good understanding of JavaScript and its syntax.

3. How can I improve my understanding of React?

To improve your understanding of React, it is important to have a strong foundation in JavaScript. You can also practice building small applications and referring to official documentation and tutorials. Additionally, joining online communities and attending workshops or meetups can also help in learning React.

4. Are there any resources that can make learning React easier?

Yes, there are many resources available that can make learning React easier. Some popular ones include the official React documentation, online tutorials and courses, and community forums such as Stack Overflow. It is also helpful to follow experienced developers on social media and read blogs or articles about React.

5. How long does it take to become proficient in React?

The time it takes to become proficient in React can vary depending on your previous knowledge of JavaScript and your dedication to learning. Some people may become proficient in a few weeks, while others may take months. It also depends on how much time you are able to dedicate to learning and practicing React.