Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Recommend some tech documentaries

1. Sep 25, 2011 #1
    hi

i just downloaded a documentary "Triumph of the nerds" by Robert Cringley. Its about the
    rise of nerds like Steve jobs and bill gates . I downloaded it from YouTube. Its very good
    documentary. I already have the movie "Pirates of the silicon Valley" and it was nice to see
    the interviews of real life avatars of many characters which appeared in the movie.

I like technology very much. Can people recommend any tech documentaries, which are downloadable. The subjects I like in technology are.... computers , electronics , various green technologies and they are used .........

often many technologies are not reported by major media outlets but are covered in obscure documentaries... its fun to watch such documentaries......

thanks
    [tex]\smile\smile\smile\smile\smile\smile[/tex]

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2011 #2
    I always loved Modern Marvels from the History Channel for a quick fix
    http://www.history.com/shows/modern-marvels

PBS NOVA also has some good ones like: Battle of the X-planes, The Spy Factory, Front Lines : Missile Wars. Many can be found on Netflix Instant.

4. Oct 7, 2011 #3
    thanks Greg, will check them out.

5. Dec 2, 2011 #4
    About IC Fabs

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  6. Dec 2, 2011 #5
    interesting stuff js.......

7. Dec 31, 2011 #6
    Modern Marvels is definitely a good resource and compared to a lot of "history lessons" they seem to be pretty accurate as well and make sure they actually throw educational lessons in there. Thanks for the other resources as well!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook