Recording sound without microphone

• Thread starter leroyjenkens
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sound
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of not being able to export music from the program LSDJ. The suggested solution is to use a separate sound recording program, such as Audacity, but this often results in distorted sound due to conflicts with the soundcard. The individual suggests looking for a resolution to these conflicts or using a second soundcard. They also mention finding a forum discussion that may provide helpful information.
leroyjenkens
I have a program called LSDJ, which allows me to make music, but it doesn't have a way for me to export the music. So the only way to record the music is to hit the record button on another program, then play the music in LSDJ. One of the ways people normally record music from LSDJ is using Audacity and another sound recording program, but when I use those, the sound that they record is really warped and just turns into static. I have Vista and I read that they took out a way to record sound due to pirating. Anyone have any ideas?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I have heard that there are often conflicts when a soundcard is used for both input and output simultaneously. I might look for a way to resolve those conflicts or include a second soundcard.
I found this: http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/638/lsdj-to-mp3/ which may help...
:-D

1. How is sound recorded without a microphone?

Sound can be recorded without a microphone by using a device called a contact microphone. This type of microphone picks up vibrations directly from an object, such as a guitar or drum, rather than sound waves in the air like a traditional microphone.

2. What are the limitations of recording sound without a microphone?

The main limitation of recording sound without a microphone is that the recording quality may not be as clear or accurate as using a traditional microphone. Contact microphones are also limited in their range and may only pick up sound from the object they are attached to.

3. Can any object be used as a contact microphone?

Yes, in theory, any object can be used as a contact microphone. However, certain objects may be better suited for this purpose, such as those with a larger surface area or that vibrate easily, to capture sound more effectively.

4. What are some common uses for recording sound without a microphone?

Recording sound without a microphone is commonly used in sound design for films, TV shows, and video games to capture unique and specific sounds that cannot be recorded with a traditional microphone. It is also used in experimental music and sound art projects.

5. How can I improve the quality of sound recorded without a microphone?

To improve the quality of sound recorded without a microphone, you can try using a higher quality contact microphone, experimenting with different objects to find the best sound, and using sound editing software to enhance the recording.