1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Relational schema / dependency diagram

1. Dec 9, 2008 #1
    Can someone link me to a website that can show me how to make a relational schema and dependency diagram from a E-R diagram?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2008 #2
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  4. Dec 13, 2008 #3
    So a relational schema and dependency diagram is the same as a ERD?

Basically I have to convert a ERD to 3NF showing relational schema and dependency diagram.

5. Dec 13, 2008 #4
    ERD stands for entity-relationship diagram. The purpose of the ERD is to show the relational schema and dependencies between the data entities in a succinct but precise manner.

To make an ERD, one would require how the entities work together, i.e. the relationship between different data, including the tables, the keys, the relationship between the table attributes. For example, a teacher teaches one or more classes, a student attends zero or more classes, a transcript is dependent on zero or more class marks and the student ID, etc.

From established business rules, an ERD displays the characteristics and relationships between the different entities.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?