1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Relevant certificate for a person who wants to become Mechanical Eng?

1. Jan 1, 2014 #1
    Hi and Thank you for taking the time to read this. I have just completed my first semester in Engineer and to be exact, in mechanical engineering. I am obsessed with this field but it will take me at least 4 years to graduate if everything goes as planned. I wanted to know if there are certificates that I can get that are relevant to the field I am studying so that I can be employed while I continue my studies.

Are there any?

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 1, 2014 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It's not clear what you mean by 'certificates'.

Many students are able to find employment between semesters, either in the summer or winter, as interns in engineering firms. Some firms may have a work/study program, where you have a job and you go to school.

Again, more information would be helpful.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook