Remove the Your Notifications count of 1

• Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, there is a persistent count of 1 in the "Your Notifications" section, even though the user has already read and chosen to not include an item. This is likely due to an unresponded friend request, which can be resolved by selecting the user's avatar and clicking the appropriate button. This issue may be caused by a browser or operating system problem, as it was resolved when using a different browser and operating system.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
There is a persistent count of 1 in my "Your Notifications". How do I get rid of it? I already read the notification and chose to not include an item, but this Your Notifications count of 1 still remains.

Physics news on Phys.org
symbolipoint said:
There is a persistent count of 1 in my "Your Notifications". How do I get rid of it? I already read the notification and chose to not include an item, but this Your Notifications count of 1 still remains.
Usually, this is a friend request that hasn't been responded to. You need to scroll down to the bottom of the page, select the user's avatar using the check box and then click the appropriate button underneath.

The problem I described was happening under IE 8 (or might have been firefox 6.01?) under Windows XP s.p.3. I did as you described through IE 9 in Windows Vista and this worked. Suspecting browser or operating system problem involved in this. Now notification is gone as expected.

What does "Remove the Your Notifications count of 1" mean?

"Remove the Your Notifications count of 1" refers to the action of removing a notification count of 1 from your device or application. This means that the notification will no longer be displayed or counted in your notifications list.

Why would I want to remove the notification count of 1?

Removing the notification count of 1 can help declutter your notifications list and make it easier to see which notifications are important. It can also help reduce distractions and improve your overall productivity.

How do I remove the notification count of 1?

The method for removing the notification count of 1 may vary depending on the device or application. In most cases, you can swipe or tap on the notification to open it, and then either dismiss or mark it as read to remove the count of 1.

Will removing the notification count of 1 delete the notification?

No, removing the notification count of 1 will not delete the notification itself. It will simply remove the count and mark the notification as read or dismissed. The notification will still be accessible in your notifications list if you need to refer back to it.

Can I customize the notification count to be a different number?

It depends on the device or application. Some may allow you to customize the notification count to a specific number, while others may only offer the option to remove the count entirely. You can check the settings or preferences of your device or application to see if this is possible.