Removing "Foreign" objects from Excel notebook file?

• Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
TL;DR Summary
Having trouble deleting "Foreign Object" picture-like from an Excel 2007 file.
Hi,
I'm having trouble dealing a "picture-like" object that I copied from a webpage (.html) file. It is the larger white rectangle in rows 194-195, that reads "United StatesStates"
IMG_20211209_190407_01.jpg

It just doesn't go away when I delet the the row. I tried to scrape the file directly into Excel from the site , but got a '403' error message (forbidden). How can I delete the row without affecting other files?
Thanks.

Answers and Replies

pbuk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Try clicking on the picture and hitting delete.

Office 365 Family at GBP80 a year (not sure how much it is in US) is worth every penny to me.

WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Try clicking on the picture and hitting delete.

Office 365 Family at GBP80 a year (not sure how much it is in US) is worth every penny to me.
Thank you, though I'm not sure I understand you. I'm using Excel 2007. You mean the newer versions
will (more likely) have a way of addressing this issue? And, sorry, r-clicking did not work. I just copied all previous rows into a new sheet. Hey, can't overdo the practice of data cleaning.

On a separate note, any chance you've heard of this British company Pivigo? Have you heard anything about it?

pbuk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Thank you, though I'm not sure I understand you. I'm using Excel 2007. You mean the newer versions
will (more likely) have a way of addressing this issue?
Probably not, but newer versions play a LOT better with all kinds of connections, as well as do a lot of other stuff better. If you are at all serious about data science (or anything really) on Excel you need to be on the current version.

And, sorry, r-clicking did not work. I just copied all previous rows into a new sheet. Hey, can't overdo the practice of data cleaning.
Glad you got it sorted.

On a separate note, any chance you've heard of this British company Pivigo? Have you heard anything about it?
Yes, haven't worked with them personally but I know they are doing stuff with clients I know. Looks like there was some corporate finance activity this Spring.

Suggested for: Removing "Foreign" objects from Excel notebook file?

• Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies