Removing moisture from polyester staples

• I
  • Thread starter ravindrar
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the need to remove moisture from 500 kg of polyester staples in one hour using a vacuum chamber at a maximum temperature of 40´´°¨ C. The person is asking for assistance in designing a vessel and mentions their ability to calculate pump capacity. Another person suggests looking at a related thread about drying lumber using a vacuum chamber.
ravindrar
TL;DR Summary
Moisture removal from Polyester staples.
I want to remove 6% moisture in one hour from 500 kg of polyester staples, which contains 12% moisture using vacuum chamber at maximum temperature of 40´´°¨ C. Can anybody help to design vessel. I can calculate pump capacity.

Physics news on Phys.org
ravindrar said:
Summary:: Moisture removal from Polyester staples.

I want to remove 6% moisture in one hour from 500 kg of polyester staples, which contains 12% moisture using vacuum chamber at maximum temperature of 40´´°¨ C. Can anybody help to design vessel. I can calculate pump capacity.
What kind of concepts were you thinking of?

ravindrar said:
Summary:: Moisture removal from Polyester staples.

Does this related thread help? (it's for drying lumber)

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/help-with-building-a-vacuum-chamber.981345/

Chestermiller said:
What kind of concepts were you thinking of?
As posted removing moisture from 500 kg staples in shortest possible time. I feel vacuum will best option.

Ravindra

1. How does moisture affect polyester staples?

Moisture can cause polyester staples to become weak and lose their shape. This can lead to pilling, shrinkage, and an overall decrease in the quality and durability of the fabric.

2. What is the best method for removing moisture from polyester staples?

The most effective method for removing moisture from polyester staples is to use a dehumidifier or air conditioner in the room where the fabric is stored. This will help to reduce the overall humidity and prevent the fabric from becoming damp.

3. Can I use heat to remove moisture from polyester staples?

While heat can help to remove moisture, it is not recommended for polyester staples as it can cause the fabric to shrink and become distorted. It is best to avoid using high heat when trying to remove moisture from polyester staples.

4. How long does it take to remove moisture from polyester staples?

The time it takes to remove moisture from polyester staples will depend on the level of humidity in the room and the amount of moisture in the fabric. It is best to monitor the fabric and continue the process until it feels dry to the touch.

5. Is there a way to prevent moisture from affecting polyester staples?

Yes, there are a few ways to prevent moisture from affecting polyester staples. Storing the fabric in a dry, well-ventilated area and avoiding exposure to high humidity or moisture can help. Additionally, using a fabric softener or dryer sheets can also help to repel moisture from the fabric.