mnb96
- 711
- 5
Hi,
I am studying some material related to Grassmannians and in particular how to represent k-subspaces of ℝn as "points" in another space.
I think understood the general idea behind the Plücker embedding, however, I recently came across another type of embedding (the "Projection embedding") that sounds more intuitive and simpler to understand (see attached figure for its definition).
Can anyone elaborate a bit more on the main differences between Plücker and Projection embeddings?
In the past I browsed some old textbooks in the classical literature of algebraic geometry, and while the Plücker embedding is always treated extensively, the Projection embedding is not even mentioned at all. Why?
I am studying some material related to Grassmannians and in particular how to represent k-subspaces of ℝn as "points" in another space.
I think understood the general idea behind the Plücker embedding, however, I recently came across another type of embedding (the "Projection embedding") that sounds more intuitive and simpler to understand (see attached figure for its definition).
Can anyone elaborate a bit more on the main differences between Plücker and Projection embeddings?
In the past I browsed some old textbooks in the classical literature of algebraic geometry, and while the Plücker embedding is always treated extensively, the Projection embedding is not even mentioned at all. Why?
Attachments