Respectable Aerospace Engineering Non-Ivy Schools.

In summary: The speaker originally planned to attend University of Cincinnati for Mechanical Engineering but now wants to switch to Aerospace Engineering. However, they found out that the AE program at University of Cincinnati is not highly regarded. With their high school statistics, they don't believe they will be accepted to top AE schools like MIT and Georgia Tech. They ask for recommendations of well-respected non-Ivy League schools for AE, and the suggestions include University of Washington, which has ties to Boeing, and University of Texas at Austin, which is ranked in the top 10 for AE. The speaker also mentions their unique admission process, and the conversation ends with them asking for more school recommendations.
KidWonder
I was going to attend University of Cinncinatti for ME. But now I think I want to change my major to Aerospace Engineering. I recently found out that their AE program wasn't particularly "good".

With my High School stats, I'm definitely not getting accepted to the top aerospace Engineering schools like MIT, Ga Tech,etc..

What are some well respected Non-ivy Schools for Aerospace Engineering. I know Ohio State is really good, so I might apply their. Any more?

Thanks
God bless

Physics news on Phys.org
My alma mater, University of Washington, has a good reputation for Aeronautics & Astronautics. They have lots of ties to Boeing - a local company here.

http://www.aa.washington.edu/

Thanks!
I've never really paid attention to UW.

Might also try the University of Texas at Austin. We're a friendly bunch, and our program will work you till you drop. It's a fairly selective school since it's ranked top ten in the country, but don't give up - I got in.

Angry Citizen said:
Might also try the University of Texas at Austin. We're a friendly bunch, and our program will work you till you drop. It's a fairly selective school since it's ranked top ten in the country, but don't give up - I got in.

Thanks! What was your G.P.A for admission?

Well, my situation was pretty unique. I had no GPA from high school (I was homeschooled), and I went to community college for two years. The first college I had something like a 3.89, in liberal arts and pre-calculus classes. The second I wound up with about a 3.3, but I also had two letters of recommendation to back me up.

Well I have a 3.4 with Fairly good amount of AP classes and Good SAT/ACT

Any more schools?
Thanks

What is the difference between Ivy League and non-Ivy League schools for aerospace engineering?

The Ivy League refers to a group of eight prestigious private universities in the Northeastern United States, while non-Ivy League schools refer to all other universities. The main difference is that Ivy League schools have a long history and reputation for academic excellence, but non-Ivy League schools can also provide high-quality education and opportunities in the field of aerospace engineering.

What are some examples of respectable non-Ivy League schools for aerospace engineering?

Some examples include Georgia Institute of Technology, University of Michigan, Purdue University, Texas A&M University, and University of Texas at Austin. These schools have strong aerospace engineering programs with reputable faculty and research opportunities.

Do non-Ivy League schools offer the same opportunities for internships and jobs in the aerospace industry?

Yes, non-Ivy League schools often have strong industry connections and partnerships that provide students with internships and job opportunities in the aerospace industry. It is important to research the specific school and program to see what opportunities are available.

How do non-Ivy League schools compare in terms of research and innovation in aerospace engineering?

Non-Ivy League schools can also have strong research programs and innovative projects in the field of aerospace engineering. They may not have the same level of funding as Ivy League schools, but they can still offer valuable research experiences for students.

Are there any advantages to attending a non-Ivy League school for aerospace engineering?

Attending a non-Ivy League school for aerospace engineering can have its advantages. These schools often have smaller class sizes, allowing for more personalized attention from professors. They may also have a more diverse student body, providing a well-rounded learning experience. Additionally, the cost of tuition may be lower at a non-Ivy League school, making it a more affordable option for some students.