1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Respectable Aerospace Engineering Non-Ivy Schools.

1. Mar 18, 2012 #1
    I was going to attend University of Cinncinatti for ME. But now I think I want to change my major to Aerospace Engineering. I recently found out that their AE program wasn't particularly "good".

With my High School stats, I'm definitely not getting accepted to the top aerospace Engineering schools like MIT, Ga Tech,etc..

What are some well respected Non-ivy Schools for Aerospace Engineering. I know Ohio State is really good, so I might apply their. Any more?

Thanks
    God bless

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2012 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My alma mater, University of Washington, has a good reputation for Aeronautics & Astronautics. They have lots of ties to Boeing - a local company here.

http://www.aa.washington.edu/

4. Mar 18, 2012 #3
    Thanks!
    I've never really paid attention to UW.

5. Mar 18, 2012 #4
    Might also try the University of Texas at Austin. We're a friendly bunch, and our program will work you till you drop. It's a fairly selective school since it's ranked top ten in the country, but don't give up - I got in.

6. Mar 18, 2012 #5
    Thanks! What was your G.P.A for admission?

7. Mar 18, 2012 #6
    Well, my situation was pretty unique. I had no GPA from high school (I was homeschooled), and I went to community college for two years. The first college I had something like a 3.89, in liberal arts and pre-calculus classes. The second I wound up with about a 3.3, but I also had two letters of recommendation to back me up.

8. Mar 19, 2012 #7
    Well I have a 3.4 with Fairly good amount of AP classes and Good SAT/ACT

Any more schools?
    Thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook