Retake Undergraduate Course for Your Masters

So I took a course for electrical engineering as an undergraduate, I'm going to a different school for my masters in electrical engineering, I see as part of the curriculum a course that looks very familiar to a course I took in my undergrad.

Because I can't use the same course for more than one degree at different levels, in theory I can take this course, which I'm sure I have already taken as an undergrad, and have it count towards my masters

Should I? it should be an "easy A" since I've taken a course that covers the same topics in my undergrad

Answers and Replies

scottdave
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
One should hope that a master's level course would go more in-depth than the undergraduate level course. Is there any way to ask people, who have already taken it, what is involved. Or ask an advisor or the professor.

I guess there's nothing wrong with having a class or 2 where you don't have to work quite as hard to get a good grade.

Dr Transport
Science Advisor
Gold Member
take the syllabus and all of your notes/tests etc to your new advisor. they'll either sign off on it an exempt you or make you take it again.

Likes scottdave
Dr. Courtney
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2020 Award
I retook four undergrad physics courses during the first year of my PhD program at MIT: Classical Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, and Statistical Mechanics. Easy As? Hardly. No one batted an eye.