Revtex4-1 - trouble downloading

• Thread starter lavster
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is having trouble downloading retvtex 4-1 on their Windows 7 computer and is seeking help. They are not very computer literate and do not know how to issue commands or download files to their desired location. They have already downloaded winzip and have latex running on their computer. After unzipping the folder, they can move it to the corresponding location in the miktex path to complete the download.
lavster
Hi,

im having trouble downloading retvtex 4-1. Can anyone gove me any help? i am using windows 7. i don't know how to issue commands like " unzip revtex4-1-tds.zip -d /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/", which is in the readme file. I have downloaded winzip to uncompress the files so i can see what's inside them. i don't know how to download them to where i want etc. i am not very computer literate :( what do i do next?

Physics news on Phys.org
Is latex already running on your computer?

yes. i had revtex 4 but then i got a new laptop and so want to download the upgrade, its just a personal preference of document class. i use miktex and texnic center :)

thanks

Ok, then after you have unziped the folder with winzip, you can move it to the corresponding location in the miktex path. You have to know where your miktex is located. You can see the path also from the log files which are produced when you run latex.
Probably something like C:\programs\miktex. I would search for the corresponding revtex4-0 folder and put it on the same level.

Hello, it sounds like you are having trouble downloading and installing the Revtex4-1 package. First, make sure you are downloading the correct version for your operating system, in this case, Windows 7. Then, you can try using a different program to unzip the files, such as 7-Zip or WinRAR. Once the files are unzipped, you can follow the instructions in the readme file to install the package. If you are not comfortable using command prompts, you can also try using a GUI (graphical user interface) program like MikTex or TexLive to install the package. If you continue to have trouble, you can also reach out to the developers of Revtex4-1 for further assistance. I hope this helps!

1. What is Revtex4-1?

Revtex4-1 is a document class designed for typesetting research papers in the field of Physics. It is based on the LaTeX typesetting system and provides a standard format for publishing in scientific journals.

2. How do I download Revtex4-1?

You can download Revtex4-1 from the official website of the American Physical Society (APS). It is available for free and can be downloaded for both Windows and Mac operating systems.

3. Why am I having trouble downloading Revtex4-1?

There could be several reasons for trouble downloading Revtex4-1. Some common issues include slow internet connection, server issues on the APS website, or incorrect installation of LaTeX on your computer.

4. How can I troubleshoot my download issues?

If you are having trouble downloading Revtex4-1, make sure your internet connection is stable and try downloading from a different browser. You can also check the APS website for any known server issues. If the problem persists, try reinstalling LaTeX on your computer.

5. Are there any alternative options to Revtex4-1?

Yes, there are several other document classes available for typesetting research papers in Physics, such as RevTex, AIP, and IEEE. You can choose the one that best suits your needs and preferences.