Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Revtex4-1 - trouble downloading

1. Sep 27, 2010 #1
    Hi,

im having trouble downloading retvtex 4-1. Can anyone gove me any help? i am using windows 7. i dont know how to issue commands like " unzip revtex4-1-tds.zip -d /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/", which is in the readme file. I have downloaded winzip to uncompress the files so i can see whats inside them. i dont know how to download them to where i want etc. i am not very computer literate :( what do i do next?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2010 #2

DrDu

Science Advisor

Is latex already running on your computer?

4. Sep 30, 2010 #3
    yes. i had revtex 4 but then i got a new laptop and so want to download the upgrade, its just a personal preference of document class. i use miktex and texnic center :)

thanks

5. Oct 1, 2010 #4

DrDu

Science Advisor

Ok, then after you have unziped the folder with winzip, you can move it to the corresponding location in the miktex path. You have to know where your miktex is located. You can see the path also from the log files which are produced when you run latex.
    Probably something like C:\programs\miktex. I would search for the corresponding revtex4-0 folder and put it on the same level.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook