1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

RF/Microwave Eng Graduate Schools

1. Sep 24, 2007 #1
    RF/Microwave: Grad Schools

What are some good electrical engineering graduate schools in the U.S. that are doing some good RF/microwave research?

In a previous post, las3rjock told me about three graduate schools that he thought were good at microwave engineering: MIT, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Do you guys know of any others?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2007 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

University of Maryland, UCLA, USC, UC-Berkeley, Indiana U. Look for a school that actually has a strong program in accelerator physics as well. So this could also mean a school that isn't that well-known as the "brand name schools" that is actually close to major accelerator facility. Look, for example, at the Illinois Institute of Technology, Northern Illinois University, University of Tennessee, etc.

Zz.

4. Sep 24, 2007 #3
    Those look like some good schools from what I got from their website. I am not sure what Berkeley is doing over there though. Look at the following post about Berkeley:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=185751

5. Sep 24, 2007 #4
    Bradley University in Illinois has excellent Rf/microwave program.

6. Sep 26, 2007 #5
    Any others?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?