Rhodium Thermal absorption cross section.

• Thread starter Nucengable
  • Start date
Rhodium has been measured and the following values have been obtained for the resonance parameters of a well-isolated resonance Eo=1.26 ev , σo=5000 b , Γ = 0.156 ev , σs=5.5 b , Is there anyone can help me HOW to calculate the thermal absorption cross section ? I'm disparate I don't know how to do it.
And if there's is a reliable up-to-date cross section information , I'm looking for the plot of Rh total cross section energy range from 0.2 to 40 ev ..
Thanks , any help will be great.

Answers and Replies

I can't find Rh-103 among them.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I can't find Rh-103 among them.
If you see a periodic table, click on the box [45, Rh], and to the right, there should be some options to click on 103 properties.

If you see a periodic table, click on the box [45, Rh], and to the right, there should be some options to click on 103 properties.

But is there any formula I can follow to calculate the thermal Absorption cross section for Rh-103 ?

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
One could get the n,γ cross-section like this. Set the cutoff at whatever energy.
http://www.nndc.bnl.gov/sigma/getPlot.jsp?evalid=4347&mf=3&mt=102&nsub=10

There are options to download the cross-sections as a function of energy in a datafile.
The interpreted option would give the data, or pick the option on that page.

Then one could do a curve fit. In the thermal range, on the log-log scale, there's a 1/E dependency, so it's a 1/v absorber.

One could get the n,γ cross-section like this. Set the cutoff at whatever energy.
http://www.nndc.bnl.gov/sigma/getPlot.jsp?evalid=4347&mf=3&mt=102&nsub=10

There are options to download the cross-sections as a function of energy in a datafile.
The interpreted option would give the data, or pick the option on that page.

Then one could do a curve fit. In the thermal range, on the log-log scale, there's a 1/E dependency, so it's a 1/v absorber.
I thought the dependency was 1/sqrt(E)?

QuantumPion
Science Advisor
Gold Member