Riddle game - Something for you scientists

In summary, the conversation is about a riddle game that the participants are trying to solve. They are discussing clues they have found on different levels and sharing tips and advice on how to progress in the game. Some participants express frustration with their lack of knowledge in certain areas, but others offer help and encouragement. The participants also discuss the difficulty of the riddles and how some of them require knowledge of HTML or other technical skills.
  • #1,401
Oh my gawd Omega! *pounces the trixster*

*runs back and grabs her bowl of ramen* You're lucky I'm hungry!

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,402
It is their creation...
Some of his books were "co-authored". I think I'll go ahead and run them all through just in case.

• #1,403
I don't envy the man who figures this one out, goodbye private message inbox...

• #1,404
Omega_6 said:
It is their creation...
Some of his books were "co-authored". I think I'll go ahead and run them all through just in case.

I ran by Cthulu Mythos a while back ago.. had a collection of authors with works inspired by Lovecraft, I believe...

• #1,405
No wonder Omega has been at a standstill for so long, this one is not leaving much for us to look at, other than a broad array of works and genres...

• #1,406
Gregulator said:
No wonder Omega has been at a standstill for so long, this one is not leaving much for us to look at, other than a broad array of works and genres...

It is not only me, I have been pm'd by about 6 people who have been stuck on this one for awhile as well.

• #1,407
I'm confident that these clues aren't as obscure as we make them sound, Daniel knows what he's doing...

Ug, why do I have to have work in the morning...

• #1,408
Gregulator said:
I'm confident that these clues aren't as obscure as we make them sound, Daniel knows what he's doing...

Ug, why do I have to have work in the morning...
I can feel that I'm getting close now...

Don't get me wrong...I don't want Boxcutter to change anything just yet.

Luckily I have July 4th off...

• #1,409
Omega_6 said:
I can feel that I'm getting close now...

Don't get me wrong...I don't want Boxcutter to change anything just yet.

Luckily I have July 4th off...

Haha, I'll come back from work and you all will be working on 62 or something, geez, lol.

• #1,410
Any luck?

• #1,411
Man...I have found "something" that incorporates all of the clues...but no luck yet.

• #1,412
okey.. The painting is missing, and we are probably not searching for one of lovecrafts creations so.. maybe some creation from a painter or something that was connected to him in some way?

• #1,413
Hmm... I may have found something... but.. it may be another dead end... Will probe further!

• #1,414
Omega_6 said:
Man...I have found "something" that incorporates all of the clues...but no luck yet.
Hope you get it soon.. i hope i get it soon xD

• #1,415
I'm a bit tired.. I'll think i'll go to sleep now.. I'll probably think better after a few hours of sleep to.

Well anyway.. If you figure it out be sure not to forget about me ^^

• #1,416
We won't Zarii-chan. Get some sleep *hugs*

• #1,417
Yeah, I have work tommorrow morning, I'll be working at it at work, I'll most likely see you all then...

• #1,418
haha..i need a break anyways..ill probably be on in around an hour or 2...get some food and reats my brain

• #1,419
i guess I am the only one who isn't tired ;)

• #1,420
anbuiruka said:
i guess I am the only one who isn't tired ;)
I'm not tired...:wink:

• #1,421
I'm still working on it.

I havn't posted here before but I've never been stuck for so long on one of these riddles.

Hi all :)

• #1,422
I know what I need (I think), but I can't find it.:devil:

• #1,423
I think I need... to eat sumore.. brb

• #1,424
Hmmm...I'm going to sleep. Not close enough...:wink:

• #1,425
ok back..i just needed some food and a break...OK let's go!

now i need 2 go back to the drawing board...where to start...

• #1,426
I hope its ok to link to another site from here but I found this picture. I can't seem to do anything with it though.

http://kmareka.com/free-literature-online/kulpa3lovecraft.htm

Go down till you see the photo of Lovecraft's family monument

The thing is I don't even know if we should be following Lovecraft. That isn't clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #1,427
Omega_6 said:
Indeed. What is missing? Obviously a way through the wall...a door...whatever is missing. There is no bg sound (but that wasn't in some of the previous ones. I assume that "he has many names" is referring to lovecraft. Dark is written on the wall...It is their creation...

i ran through this line while looking for the name in 55. then i saw your post omega. see if this could help. i actually don't know what you guys are talking about cos I am not progressing in anyway on #55.

"Trouble with memory. I see things I never knew before. Other worlds and other galaxies... Dark... The lightning seems dark and the darkness seems light..." (from 'The Haunter of the Dark')

• #1,428
that was funny. i lacked 's' when i typed it the first time. whew!

• #1,429
@56

now, i wish i could be of help to everyone this time. o:)

• #1,430
SpeedyKupad said:
now, i wish i could be of help to everyone this time. o:)

idk who is past 56 right now...its a dooooooooooozy! :bugeye:

• #1,431
I guess soon I will have to change the clues for 56. I will not do it yet though. I still believe in you!

• #1,432
Hey boxcutter, have you completed simons quest? And if so then you are a god because that game is ridiculously hard ;)

• #1,433
anbuiruka: actually I completed it when I was around 7 - 8 years old.
The game is easy because you have unlimited continues :)

• #1,434
Dangit...I think I'm on the trail.. I'm just finding it hard to find this one thing I'm looking for *grumbles*

Tomorrow morning... it shall be done! *snores*

• #1,435
boxcutter: I am done reading all the articles about lovecraft. somehow this lead me to read one of stephen king's fictional characters. am i getting too far from the answer or am i getting there?
This character apparently has many names and one of his stories is somewhat related to lovecraft.

EDIT: and he had a series with dark in the title