Riddle game - Something for you scientists

In summary, the conversation is about a riddle game that the participants are trying to solve. They are discussing clues they have found on different levels and sharing tips and advice on how to progress in the game. Some participants express frustration with their lack of knowledge in certain areas, but others offer help and encouragement. The participants also discuss the difficulty of the riddles and how some of them require knowledge of HTML or other technical skills.
Boxcutter
Riddle game - Something for you scientists :)

Hey guys!

I found this online riddle game. I figured people on this forum might like it. You need to be a good thinker to solve this baby.
Just enter transylvania and try to find an answer to the riddle you get by looking at the given picture, reading the text, checking the source code, searching google etc.
It's fun!

www.draculasriddle.co.uk
(for some reason the author decided to put a piece of music in the background of the main page so for you with slow connection it might take a while to load)

Good luck!
I'm currently on level 2, can't seem to get passed it. Let me know if you find something out!

Physics news on Phys.org
Stuck on L2 also...

EDIT, I found a clue that says "bag zip"... I have no idea WTH that means

Last edited:
yomamma said:
Stuck on L2 also...

EDIT, I found a clue that says "bag zip"... I have no idea WTH that means

Where did you find this clue? :biggrin: Because I seem to be stuck on L2 as well.

ah bag.zip ;)

Sadly can never do any of these internet games, not geeky enough, they always involve knowledge of HTML or something, I like puzzles but when it goes PC nerd I go south. Ah level 8 oh bugger I need to know how to do what in the what in the where why?

Can someone for once put up an internet riddle where you don't have to have some knowledge of some obscure code or an ability with weird out of the ordinary PC knowledge, just your brain and a search engine, even my technophobia can cope with that.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Omega_6 said:
Where did you find this clue? :biggrin: Because I seem to be stuck on L2 as well.
Bottom left-hand corner...flipped vertically

V spoilers V

bag.zip has 3 files...one of them an .xxx file extension...
Message.txt says
"not all letters in a word are important...
Not All Letters In A Word Are Important..."

A Bag.txt says
"The content of this Silk Bag seems to be usable somewhere in Sadam Woods.

--- What could be the correct extension for a decryption tool? ---"

Any ideas...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoiler
I used vi to edit the file and it seems to be a truetype font file. The extension would be ttf.

Using a font editor the following letters are bolded. The rest are normal.

L, W, S, O, R, V, E, c, d, e, p, R, t, y

Last edited:
SPOILER

yeah i found this too.. hmm it says you're in the haunted forest of veros.. to me it seems the author is trying to tell us that that silk bag thing is not to be used here... hmm not all letters in a word are important... haha that's a stupid thing to say, I'm sure it means something :s

Theriver and that's it I'm not helping any more :smile: enter it not as an extension but before the extension useless words take the letters out of the first words.

Are yet the OK.

EDIT: Gale look at the words without are the yet, the first letters spell the river.

VVV posted after me, it's a red herring the bag thing.

Last edited:
SPOILER

Gosh, i thought the letter clue was easy, but i don't know how to read that file even though dduardo said what the extension is... i don't know how to change it..

anyway, they next level is theriver. its the first letters of the words on the page, but for some reason it skips some of the words.. i dunno. but now on to level three.

gale: hehe the text underneath.. we "ARE" "YET" "THE" useless words.
it's a bit of a long shot..

thanks...I've been playing with words and stuff...now that I look at it...it' very obvious..

Can anybody make out the text in the bottom right of the picture? (on the river level) This laptop screen is pretty crappy.

There was metadata in the file that said which editor the guy used. The program is called Font Creator 5.0. I had to use WINE to run it in Linux. Here is a screenshoot of the window:

Okay, you guys need to learn to type in gray if you're going to share spoilers. :rolleyes:

is gray.

woo, I'm cruisin, level four now.

I can't make it out...but I made a wild guess and put >> styx.htm and I got a page that said "learn about it"

i didn't even need the dumb extension thing, just common sense...

anyway, for the river level the word on the bottom right is lamentation.

Moonbear, I fixed all the posts.

okay i made it to 5.. this is going sweet

Still on 3...help :(

i'm still stuck on four. is the main text the only clue?

Spoiler
for the river level, find the name of the river they're talking about. then google that. then see the text at the bottom of the page? answer that riddle and type it into the address.

so...spoilers for level 3:

what format do I put the answer in(100 years)?

hehe thanks gail did styx then ahhh I see? Been there seen it done it googled the river name got some info about rivers and then googled all the other river names, and then I saw your spoiler? Riddle where all I see is obscure websites? I guess I wasn't cut out for this type of thing, good luck guys and girls, I know when I'm beat. Anyway sooner or later I'll get to lvl 8 and it'll demand I know some obscure stuff about whatever HTML wise, and I'll fail, I don't like the internet riddles there just too reliant on spoilers and frankly that's not what a riddle is about for me. Don't want to spoil your fun enjoy :biggrin:

Last edited:
yomamma said:
so...spoilers for level 3:

what format do I put the answer in(100 years)?

Spoilers for level 3
100 years is not even the answer. Read the question carefully, it says curse of SILENCE. Try looking up styx and reading about what happens when you drink of its water.

yomamma and schrodingers dog, google styx river, its the very first link. i don't know where you got 100 years, but that's not the right answer. this is a great link cause you can see how all the other clues on the page fit in too. also schrodinger's dog, i don't know anything at all about html coding either so you'll be as good at this as me... I'm still stuck on four, so you guys hurry up and help me.

Gale,

the answer to 4 is shadow. That is a neat little riddle.

grrr, i can't believe i didn't think of that. thanks!

Argh! I give up. I got to level 3, and can see there's some sort of text/symbols on the image, but I can't even make out what it is...the colors are just too similar to the background. I could barely make it out on level 2 too. I like these puzzles, but it's hurting my eyes too much to work on this one.

So...

I don't know if this means anything but the 4 numbers you get from taking each number to the (1/4) power are 13, 17, 19, and 23.(on level 5) Does anybody have anything?

Last edited:
Level 5:

13^4 = 28561
17^4 = 83521
19^4 = 130321
23^4 = 279841

Prime? Odd?

4th powers of primes

dduardo said:
Level 5:

13^4 = 28561
17^4 = 83521
19^4 = 130321
23^4 = 279841

Prime? Odd?

lol

I had typed in prime and it was incorrect and then after reading this i typed in primenumbers and it was right. :biggrin:

I figured out riddle 6:

palindrome

[edit] I'm on fire now. Riddle 7:

The link is within the source code

Riddle 8:

impaler

Last edited: