Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Right after the bigbang, microblackholes were formed

1. Sep 14, 2008 #1
    i read somewhere that right after the bigbang, microblackholes were formed which later vaporised. is it true? how can they simply have vaporised?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 14, 2008 #2
  4. Sep 14, 2008 #3
    Re: microblackholes

Don't they theorize that the new Hadron Collider will produce tiny black holes that will evaporate in nano seconds?? (No, I'm not talking about the earth-devouring ones that people are scared of...those come later, lol)

5. Sep 14, 2008 #4

Scientists, mad or otherwise, should never do anything that is going to rip the fabric of space-time. Those kinds of things frequently expose you to higher dimensional monsters and never end well. It's all covered in the Mad Scientist's Handbook. Maybe they should read it at CERN.

6. Sep 14, 2008 #5

Some people think so. I seem to recall that if itty bitty black holes are created, this would demonstrate that there are probably more than 4 dimensions and the string theorists will get really really excited and probably drunk. If black holes don't show up, it doesn't mean much of anything, and life goes on as usual, with a few less drunken string theorists.

7. Sep 14, 2008 #6

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Er.... "frequently"? Like when? When was the last time you saw this "rip the fabric of space-time" happening?

Zz.

8. Sep 14, 2008 #7

rbj

i saw it happen on TV once. involved someone named Q.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?