1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying Rotating black hole & Hawking radiation research

1. Feb 15, 2017 #1
    I am an undergraduate student of a university, I have taken the research topic as Study of Rotating black holes and Hawking radiation which I am really interested. Research description as follows.

The geometric invariant are computed in various black hole geometries in several different coordinate systems. These include static spherical, charged and rotating black holes. Equipped with these the second phase focuses on studying the thermodynamics of black holes which includes the area law and the associated entropy increases when an object with scale is captured at the edge of the event horizon. The final aspect is to compute the Hawking temperature of these black holes and simulate the thermodynamics properties.

I have no idea where to start and prerequisite knowledge to carry this research. Please someone help me.

Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2017 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

If you cannot even identify the prerequisites, don't expect to work on that anytime soon. You'll need a lot of both general relativity and quantum field theory, including quantum field theory in curved spacetime.

4. Feb 15, 2017 #3
    Thanks for the advise and I will follow general relativity and quantum filed theory

5. Feb 15, 2017 #4

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Those have their own prerequisites. This comic illustrates it nicely, click on the panels to go to the next one.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted