Rotational Motion - I have the answer but I don't know how to get there

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
jbcaviness
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
A torque of 1 N.m is applied to a bike wheel of radius 35 cm and mass 0.75 kg. Treating the wheel as a hoop (I=MR^2)

A. What is it's angular acceleration? Answer - 10.9 rad/s^2
B. If the wheel starts from rest, what is its angular speed after 5 seconds? Answer - 54.4 rad/s
C. How many turns does it do in those 5 seconds? Answer 21.7 turns

I'm trying to study for my exam, and I'm stuck on this problem for our practice test. My professor gave us answers, but I'm just at a loss as to how to get the answers. Can anyone explain how to solve this problem? Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What is the relationship between torque, moment of inertia and angular acceleration?