Routine mantanence on one of the big mixers

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
4,411
Reaction score
552
I did some routine mantanence on one of the big mixers to night, switched it on and Kaboom,
the top cover blew off with a bright flash, i forgot how much gas was in these spray lubes,
any way i patched the cover up and every thing works okay, so only you guys know.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org


sssssshhhh! i'll never tell, woolie!:wink:
 


berkeman said:
You wear PPE for this "routine" maintenance, right Woolie?


I should wear ear protectors, i have a touch of tinitus now.
 


Your secrets safe with us. Glad you didn't get hurt, that must of been a startling noise, how high did you jump?
 


hypatia said:
Your secrets safe with us. Glad you didn't get hurt, that must of been a startling noise, how high did you jump?

I just froze for a few secs thinking What the heck happened, then remembered it can take 5 mins for gas to disperse.
 


wolram said:
then remembered it can take 5 mins for gas to disperse.

That's optimistic; with the chili recipe that I prefer, you're not safe for at least 2 days.