Russian prototype aircraft with holes in the fuselage for internal airflow

  • Thread starter Thread starter SkepticJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Aircraft Russian
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
SkepticJ
Messages
243
Reaction score
1
Years ago on the now defunct show Beyond 2000 there was a prototype aircraft being built in Russia that had no wings as such. Its shell had rectangle holes in it that I guess let air get in and flow over tiny internal wings or something. Anyone know what I'm talking about? It was big but not as big as a commercial airliner and was about half as wide as it was long. It was never finished as far as I know. They lost funding I think.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Would call that an out of the box design ... but the expression doesn't quite apply ... :biggrin: .