1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ryerson aerospace engineering VS York Space Engineering

1. May 23, 2010 #1
    Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone may be able to give their input on these two programs? I'm interested in both of these programs but cannot decide which one I should settle on. I know they are completely different things, but I haven't been able to find much input from people on these two programs (besides the thread about EngineeringSCi VS Ryerson aerospace from april).

I'm in my final year of high school and the deadline is fast approaching for submitting my decision. In addition, instead of directly applying for aerospace at Ryerson, I applied for general engineering since I wasn't so sure which program would interest me the most at the time. Over the past few months, I know it boggles down to this and would love some input. I have been given a conditional offer of admission from both.

2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2010 #2
    Forgot to mention, can anyone show me the difference of both in tuition costs? I can't find that on the site either. Also, any input on either university program is greatly appreciated.

4. May 24, 2010 #3

ranger

Gold Member

I would go with Ryerson aerospace engineering. Its been accredited since 1992 and its a very strong program in Canada as a whole. I don't know what space engineering is and I suspect most people would not know either until reading York's website. I would not choose such a program from York. IMHO, York is a great school and trumps Ryerson is many aspects, but engineering is not one of those areas where York has an advantage (electrical, computer, mechanical, and aerospace). I still believe that York is fighting for accreditation for some of its engineering programs, although it may have changed over the past 2-3yrs.

5. Jun 12, 2010 #4
    Yes going with Ryerson is a much better choice, I am not sure if Space Engineering is accredited by CEAB and if they are it must be very recently done. Ryerson's Aerospace Engineering is much more established.

I mentioned in the other thread about "ryerson aerospace engineering vs. uoft eng.sci" that you need to look at the courses offered.

if you have any questions about Ryerson University pm me.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook