Sarah Palin's Views on the Possibility of War with Iran

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter DanP
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
33 replies · 7K views
Physics news on Phys.org
As much as I dislike Palin, I think you are misinterpreting what she said.

Sarah Palin said:
Say he decided to declare war...

She didn't say that he should declare war, she used it as an example to address an issue she has with his "toughness." I will say, though, that it is a terrible hypothetical to offer.

BTW, I think this goes in the P&WA, DanP. :smile:
 
I'm all for an American strike on Iran. Lots of "experts" predicted that we would have trouble with Saddam's massive army in 1991. They were proven wrong, and in spectacular fashion.
 
Brian_C said:
I'm all for an American strike on Iran. Lots of "experts" predicted that we would have trouble with Saddam's massive army in 1991. They were proven wrong, and in spectacular fashion.

So does that mean you're all for an strike on any country that American armay would overcome its army? :rolleyes:
 
Brian_C said:
I'm all for an American strike on Iran. Lots of "experts" predicted that we would have trouble with Saddam's massive army in 1991. They were proven wrong, and in spectacular fashion.

Then hand it over to Israel, perfect!
 
Yeah, let's get in deeper s*** in the ME, we should be concentrating on Afg. right now and that is about it. Op: New Dawn is the start of pulling out of Iraq, and hopefully will start concentrating more troops towards Helmand, and specifically Marjah.
 
drankin said:
Technically, no.

Yeah, she's smart!
 
drankin said:
Technically, no.
The technical term is bonkers. Sorry Palin, tenure denied.
 
According to McCain's campaign staff, Palin is clueless. She thought that Africa was a country. Anybody that would take her seriously in foreign affairs has to be even dumber than she is.
 
turbo-1 said:
According to McCain's campaign staff, Palin is clueless. She thought that Africa was a country...

:smile::smile: and she was about to win with McCain!

God Turbo, I cried laughing :smile:
 
Astronuc said:
No. :rolleyes:

I forgot to mention - Peace / Shalom / Salaam - is a much better choice.

Wa alaykum as-salām. :smile:
 
Huckleberry said:
The technical term is bonkers. Sorry Palin, tenure denied.

I like pictures of her in bikini with a gun (replica ? can't recall). Anyway, considering 2-3 months of serious gym, the chick would look pretty good for her age.
 
DanP said:
I like pictures of her in bikini with a gun (replica ? can't recall). Anyway, considering 2-3 months of serious gym, the chick would look pretty good for her age.
Carrie Prejean already looks good. Does that qualify her for public office?

Attractive people can be uneducated and clueless. Those qualities do not correlate.
 
turbo-1 said:
Carrie Prejean already looks good. Does that qualify her for public office?

Attractive people can be uneducated and clueless. Those qualities do not correlate.

Kinda obvious. :devil:
 
DanP said:
I like pictures of her in bikini with a gun (replica ? can't recall). Anyway, considering 2-3 months of serious gym, the chick would look pretty good for her age.

Do you mean this one?

sarah-palin-bikini-photoshopped.jpg


Its totally fake. This woman really needs to go away.
 
DanP said:
I like pictures of her in bikini with a gun (replica ? can't recall). Anyway, considering 2-3 months of serious gym, the chick would look pretty good for her age.

Are you talking about this picture?

original_bikini_photo.jpg


This one?

sarah-palin-photoshopped.jpg


Or this one?

palin-bikini.jpg


I have to admit that photo looks better with Sarah Palin's head on it than with the original chick's head. Beer and guns! How cool is that?!
 
posted article said:
"Say he decided to declare war on Iran," she said on Fox News this month. "I think people would perhaps shift their thinking a little bit and decide, well, maybe he's tougher than we think he is today."
Her idea of showing courage is by declaring war just to change public opinion. It sounds like compensation coming strictly from her point of view. Should she find herself charged with running our country, will she rationalize and start a war if she believes people think she is weak?
 
Topher925 said:
Do you mean this one?

sarah-palin-bikini-photoshopped.jpg


Its totally fake. This woman really needs to go away.

yeah, those. too bad is fake :cry:
 
Newai said:
Her idea of showing courage is by declaring war just to change public opinion. It sounds like compensation coming strictly from her point of view. Should she find herself charged with running our country, will she rationalize and start a war if she believes people think she is weak?


She won't have to. There's already a photo floating around the internet of her holding a rifle while wearing a bikini. Everyone knows she's not weak. Stupid, maybe, but not weak.
 
BobG said:
She won't have to. There's already a photo floating around the internet of her holding a rifle while wearing a bikini. Everyone knows she's not weak. Stupid, maybe, but not weak.
The ability to hold a rifle does not indicate that she is strong or capable, even if that was an un-doctored photo.

As for shooting moose, as her PR claims, a moose in the wild is just like a cow. Docile, unwary meat on the hoof. It doesn't take much talent to kill one.

One of my cousins is a teacher's aide (about 54 years old). She takes vacation-days during bow-hunting season and is pretty reliable. She shoots and dresses her own deer. If bow-hunting fails her, she'll bag one during firearms season. Her husband and kids would often come home to find a deer hanging, and heart and liver on the menu for supper.
 
Last edited:
It's too late.
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/latest_sarah_palin_speech_opens"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
In order to minimize misinterpretations based on text only transcripts, here's the video:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope she isn't elected as the republican canidate in the next election.
 
Last edited: