Saturation vapour pressure equation formula

In summary, the saturation vapour pressure equation formula is a mathematical equation used to express the relationship between temperature and the maximum amount of water vapor that can exist in a given space. It is commonly used in atmospheric science and meteorology to estimate the amount of water vapor in the air, predict weather patterns, and understand cloud and precipitation formation. The variables in the formula include temperature, the gas constant for water vapor, and the heat of vaporization for water. While generally accurate within a certain range of temperatures, the formula may not be as reliable in extreme conditions. The formula is important in various industries, including agriculture, where knowledge of humidity levels is crucial for crop growth and storage.
Physics rookie1
Pws=1000⋅e[[52.58]-[6790.5/T]-[5.028lnT]]
T= temprerature in Kelvin
Pws= Saturation vapour pressure
I plugged in my temperature to the formula in Kelvin, I couldn't arrive at the correct answer. How do you get the e value of the equation (superscript above).
My problem could be the trigonometry, or the unit conversion? I am inviting anyone who is knowledgeable with this subject matter. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
I assume this is Pws=1000e(52.58-6790.5/T-5.028lnT) where e is 2.71828 as in ln(e)=1.

What answer did you get for what T?

What is the saturation vapour pressure equation formula?

The saturation vapour pressure equation formula is a mathematical equation that expresses the relationship between temperature and the maximum amount of water vapor that can exist in a given space.

How is the saturation vapour pressure equation formula used in science?

The saturation vapour pressure equation formula is commonly used in atmospheric science, meteorology, and other fields to estimate the amount of water vapor in the air at a specific temperature. It is also used to predict and understand changes in weather patterns and the formation of clouds and precipitation.

What are the variables in the saturation vapour pressure equation formula?

The variables in the saturation vapour pressure equation formula are temperature, the gas constant for water vapor, and the heat of vaporization for water. The formula can also be modified to include additional factors such as atmospheric pressure.

How accurate is the saturation vapour pressure equation formula?

The saturation vapour pressure equation formula is generally accurate within a certain range of temperatures, as it is based on empirical data. However, it may not accurately predict the amount of water vapor at extreme temperatures or in other non-standard conditions.

Why is the saturation vapour pressure equation formula important?

The saturation vapour pressure equation formula is important because it helps scientists and meteorologists understand and predict changes in weather patterns, and it is also used in various industries such as agriculture, where knowledge of humidity levels is crucial for crop growth and storage.