Schaum's Outline Series, Supplementary Problem books

• Intro Math
  • Thread starter hackedagainanda
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books Series
In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's recent purchase of Schaum's Elementary, Intermediate, and College Algebra texts for extra practice and familiarization with the material. They are looking for other affordable options and mention the Openstax books as a possibility. Another option mentioned is Axler: Precalculus, which includes solutions for many problems but may not be the best way to teach mathematics.
hackedagainanda
I've recently purchased Schaum's Elementary, Intermediate and College Algebra texts and I'm loving the extra practice and the chance to familiarize myself with the material.

Are there any other similar books out there for cheap? I've considering buying old editions of the various Algebra-Precalculus books and just recycling problems from those but they can be a little pricy.

Physics news on Phys.org
hackedagainanda said:
I've recently purchased Schaum's Elementary, Intermediate and College Algebra texts and I'm loving the extra practice and the chance to familiarize myself with the material.

Are there any other similar books out there for cheap? I've considering buying old editions of the various Algebra-Precalculus books and just recycling problems from those but they can be a little pricy.
Theres Axler: Precalculus. It has solutions for a lot of problems. However, I don't think giving solutions to people is the way to teach them mathematics.

What is the purpose of the "Schaum's Outline Series, Supplementary Problem books"?

The "Schaum's Outline Series, Supplementary Problem books" are designed to provide students with additional practice problems and exercises to supplement their understanding of a particular subject. They are meant to reinforce key concepts and help students improve their problem-solving skills.

Who can benefit from using the "Schaum's Outline Series, Supplementary Problem books"?

These books are suitable for students at various levels, from high school to graduate school, who are looking to improve their understanding and mastery of a subject. They can also be helpful for self-study or as a supplement to classroom instruction.

What subjects are covered in the "Schaum's Outline Series, Supplementary Problem books"?

The series covers a wide range of subjects, including mathematics, science, engineering, business, and more. There are over 300 titles available, covering topics such as calculus, physics, statistics, accounting, and computer science.

How are the problems in the "Schaum's Outline Series, Supplementary Problem books" organized?

The problems are organized by topic and difficulty level, making it easy for students to find relevant practice exercises. Each chapter typically begins with a brief review of key concepts and formulas, followed by numerous solved examples and practice problems with step-by-step solutions.

Are the "Schaum's Outline Series, Supplementary Problem books" a substitute for a textbook?

No, these books are not intended to replace a textbook. They are meant to supplement a textbook and provide additional practice and review material. They are also a helpful resource for test preparation and exam review.