Scholarships for international Undergraduate students

In summary, the individual is seeking help finding scholarships for students in the STEM field. They have looked into government-offered scholarships, but they are not satisfied with the selection. They have also looked into UoA-offered scholarships, but most of them only cover one year of fees.
  • #1
mohamadharris96
4
0
Hi, First of all, sorry for the title that sounds like a clickbait. Wasn’t intend to but well.. Don’t really have idea for a good title.

Anyway, I need some help.

I’ve struggling for a year now, wasting every bit of my time fighting for some science scholarship to study for Bachelor degree. And I’ve come to realize that my country only offer subjects like engineering and medical.

I wanted to pursue my study in science subject specifically in mathematic and physics but based on my observation on all university in my country. None specialized in anything. Some even said its a waste of time. And they don’t offer you scholarship for stuff like that.

So I began my search throughout another country like US, UK, Europe, NZ and Australia. And I found that those countries do focus on sciences. And really hope you guys can recommend some scholarships your country offer for international students in STEMs field.

I have a diploma in electrical and electronic engineering if its help. Kinda excel in it but not really my passion. Family pressured. It kills me.

Please help share or recommend international scholarship for STEMs field. That would be a very big help. And everyone in the forum can use some of the help.

Got offer from University of Auckland for Bsc(physics) btw.. if anyone can help.. just need scholarship..
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2
I presume you Googled "australian scholarship for international students" and got the 1.57 million results back. What exactly are you looking for that Google didn't find?
 
  • #3
Vanadium 50 said:
I presume you Googled "australian scholarship for international students" and got the 1.57 million results back. What exactly are you looking for that Google didn't find?

Thank you for your reply. But I’m specifically saying is there any available scholarship you can “suggest” worldwide. 1.57 million result won’t help if I intend to open it one by one. Most of it is just some random blog post from old days.

And Auckland is not in Australia. Google please.

Boi, what a salty community this is.
 
Last edited:
  • #4
You're right. I made a geography mistake. However, that doesn't change the main point - if you tell us why you are unable to find what you are interested in using a search engine, we may be able to help you.
 
  • #5
Have you looked into scholarships offered by your country's government? Often, they may offer to fund you in exchange for you returning to your country to work for a fixed amount of time. You should also contact U. of Auckland if they have scholarships for international students, but presumably you have done that already.
 
  • #6
mohamadharris96 said:
Hi, First of all, sorry for the title that sounds like a clickbait. Wasn’t intend to but well.. Don’t really have idea for a good title.

Anyway, I need some help.

I’ve struggling for a year now, wasting every bit of my time fighting for some science scholarship to study for Bachelor degree. And I’ve come to realize that my country only offer subjects like engineering and medical.

I wanted to pursue my study in science subject specifically in mathematic and physics but based on my observation on all university in my country. None specialized in anything. Some even said its a waste of time. And they don’t offer you scholarship for stuff like that.

So I began my search throughout another country like US, UK, Europe, NZ and Australia. And I found that those countries do focus on sciences. And really hope you guys can recommend some scholarships your country offer for international students in STEMs field.

I have a diploma in electrical and electronic engineering if its help. Kinda excel in it but not really my passion. Family pressured. It kills me.

Please help share or recommend international scholarship for STEMs field. That would be a very big help. And everyone in the forum can use some of the help.

Got offer from University of Auckland for Bsc(physics) btw.. if anyone can help.. just need scholarship..
If you want a full scholarship I suddest Hungary scholarships,Turkey, Japan and Newzeland .
Where are you from?
 
  • #7
Marry said:
If you want a full scholarship I suddest Hungary scholarships,Turkey, Japan and Newzeland .
Where are you from?

I’m from Malaysia. Thank you for your suggestions. I’ll try look it up. Do you know any foundation or the funding body name?
 
  • #8
Scrumhalf said:
Have you looked into scholarships offered by your country's government? Often, they may offer to fund you in exchange for you returning to your country to work for a fixed amount of time. You should also contact U. of Auckland if they have scholarships for international students, but presumably you have done that already.

I’ve look it up for scholarships from my government. And all of it is for postgraduate study. And for undergraduate, they offered courses like business, accounting, psychology and some management stuff. I’ve also look on UoA scholarships, most of the tenure only cover 1 year fees. Thanks for the suggestion. I’m just collecting and looking information about scholarships so I can apply more for another incoming year.
 
  • #9
mohamadharris96 said:
I’m from Malaysia. Thank you for your suggestions. I’ll try look it up. Do you know any foundation or the funding body name?

Since you are from Malaysia, have you not considered looking at scholarship opportunities available in neighbouring Singapore?

For example, the National University of Singapore (NUS) offers undergraduate scholarships in science and technology for students from Asian countries outside of Singapore. Here is a web link:

http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/scholarships/freshmen/nsg/scholarship-science-technology.html
 
  • Like
Likes Scrumhalf
  • #10
mohamadharris96 said:
I’ve look it up for scholarships from my government. And all of it is for postgraduate study. And for undergraduate, they offered courses like business, accounting, psychology and some management stuff. I’ve also look on UoA scholarships, most of the tenure only cover 1 year fees. Thanks for the suggestion. I’m just collecting and looking information about scholarships so I can apply more for another incoming year.

Malaysia used to send plenty of undergraduate students to the US, UK, Australia, etc. Has that changed recently? I still notice Malaysian students in US colleges under various sponsorship.

Trying to get financial assistance from an institution that is not from your own home country is a daunting task, because you'll be competing with a huge number of other students trying to get the same thing. The amount of opening available is also very limited. Here in the US, it is almost unheard of for a state university to offer such a thing to international students. So already your option has been severely limited to only private institutions. Even then, financial assistance is often offered via a privately-funded endowment or grant. In other words, you may have a better chance seeking such a thing elsewhere.

Zz.
 

Related to Scholarships for international Undergraduate students

1. What types of scholarships are available for international undergraduate students?

There are various types of scholarships available for international undergraduate students, including merit-based scholarships, need-based scholarships, athletic scholarships, and diversity scholarships. Some scholarships may also be specific to a certain field of study or country of origin.

2. What are the eligibility requirements for these scholarships?

The eligibility requirements for scholarships for international undergraduate students may vary depending on the specific scholarship. However, common requirements may include academic excellence, financial need, extracurricular activities, and community involvement. Some scholarships may also require applicants to have a certain GPA or standardized test scores.

3. How can I find and apply for these scholarships?

You can find and apply for scholarships through various sources, such as scholarship search engines, university websites, and government websites. It is important to carefully read the application requirements and deadlines for each scholarship and submit all required documents and materials.

4. Can I receive multiple scholarships at once?

Yes, it is possible to receive multiple scholarships at once. However, some scholarships may have restrictions on receiving other scholarships or financial aid, so it is important to carefully review the terms and conditions of each scholarship.

5. Are there any alternatives to scholarships for funding my international undergraduate studies?

Yes, there are other alternatives to scholarships for funding your international undergraduate studies. These may include grants, loans, work-study programs, and sponsorships from organizations or individuals. It is important to carefully consider the terms and conditions of each option before making a decision.

Similar threads

Replies
10
Views
1K
Replies
8
Views
2K
Replies
4
Views
2K
  • STEM Academic Advising
Replies
24
Views
1K
  • STEM Academic Advising
Replies
22
Views
1K
  • STEM Academic Advising
3
Replies
82
Views
2K
  • STEM Academic Advising
Replies
2
Views
1K
  • STEM Academic Advising
Replies
4
Views
883
Replies
6
Views
1K
Back
Top