Sci.physics.research integration

• Thread starter pervect
  • Start date
In summary, I think my post may have gone through the s.p.r. moderation queue, but it hasn't shown up on the forum yet. I'll check back in a few days and see if it's been posted.
pervect
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
About 24 hours ago I posted a thread to sci.physics.research. So far it hasn't appeared.

1) Is it known that this process currently works correctly?
2) I don't think there is anything remotely objectionable in my post, but if there was, would I get back a bounce message from the s.p.r. moderator? Or would my post just silently disappear, the same as if there was a technical glitch?

Physics news on Phys.org
It has to be reviewed by s.p.r mod first. They might be busy and some of them might not be on right now.

pervect said:
About 24 hours ago I posted a thread to sci.physics.research. So far it hasn't appeared.

1) Is it known that this process currently works correctly?
2) I don't think there is anything remotely objectionable in my post, but if there was, would I get back a bounce message from the s.p.r. moderator? Or would my post just silently disappear, the same as if there was a technical glitch?

scott1 is right.

I was a regular poster on sci.physics.research for a few years. The moderation process, particularly in the summer (moderator vacations, conferences, etc.), can take a few days.

If your post is rejected (probability zero for a post from you), a moderator will contact you.

Occasionally, a submitted post can disappear into a black hole in cyberspace, but I would give it a few more days.

George Jones said:
Occasionally, a submitted post can disappear into a black hole in cyberspace, but I would give it a few more days.
I know they invented the web at CERN, but did they also have to put black holes in it?

pervect said:
Sorry about that, pervect.

All posts submitted to s.p.r via PF must be approved by a mentor before getting sent to s.p.r for their moderation.

I will make it my business to go through our s.p.r pending queue periodically so that things move along quickly. As of this moment, the queue is empty (at least on our end).

Gokul43201 said:
I know they invented the web at CERN, but did they also have to put black holes in it?

Usenet (invented at University of North Carolina and Duke University) existed at least a decade before the Web was invented at CERN. :wink:

jtbell said:
Usenet (invented at University of North Carolina and Duke University) existed at least a decade before the Web was invented at CERN. :wink:
But that's not nearly as funny.

Gokul43201 said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Are you after my badge? :grumpy: :uhh:

It's been almost a week since Doc Al expidited my post, passing it into the next layer of moderation, the spr moderation system.

Unfortunately, checking with google and Xnews, I don't see any signs of my post actually making it to the sci.physics.research forum :-(. So I have to wonder, again, if it has fallen through some crack in the system.

Hmmm... checking Google, I don't see it either. I guess I still don't understand how this works. I thought that once a post reappeared under PF/s.p.r, that meant it had made it through the s.p.r moderation queue.

Your post is certainly in our list. (Isn't this the post in question?: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=123112)

If you want to repost it, I will pass it through immediately.

1. What is Sci.physics.research integration?

Sci.physics.research integration refers to the process of combining different research methods and techniques from the fields of science and physics to gain a better understanding of a particular phenomenon or problem.

2. Why is Sci.physics.research integration important?

Integrating research from different fields allows scientists to approach complex problems from multiple perspectives, leading to more comprehensive and accurate conclusions. It also promotes collaboration and innovation among researchers.

3. How is Sci.physics.research integration achieved?

Sci.physics.research integration can be achieved through interdisciplinary collaborations, where scientists from different fields work together on a research project. It can also be achieved by incorporating techniques and theories from different disciplines in a single study.

4. What are the benefits of Sci.physics.research integration?

Some benefits of Sci.physics.research integration include a deeper understanding of complex phenomena, more efficient use of resources, and potential for groundbreaking discoveries. It also encourages scientists to think outside of their own disciplines and develop new approaches to research.

5. Are there any challenges to Sci.physics.research integration?

Yes, there can be challenges to integrating research from different fields, such as differences in terminology, methodologies, and communication styles. Additionally, some scientists may be resistant to collaborating or incorporating new ideas into their research. However, these challenges can be overcome through effective communication and a willingness to learn from others.