Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sci.physics.research integration

1. Jun 7, 2006 #1

pervect

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

About 24 hours ago I posted a thread to sci.physics.research. So far it hasn't appeared.

1) Is it known that this process currently works correctly?
    2) I don't think there is anything remotely objectionable in my post, but if there was, would I get back a bounce message from the s.p.r. moderator? Or would my post just silently disappear, the same as if there was a technical glitch?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2006 #2
    It has to be reviewed by s.p.r mod first. They might be busy and some of them might not be on right now.

4. Jun 7, 2006 #3

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

scott1 is right.

I was a regular poster on sci.physics.research for a few years. The moderation process, particularly in the summer (moderator vacations, conferences, etc.), can take a few days.

If your post is rejected (probability zero for a post from you), a moderator will contact you.

Occasionally, a submitted post can disappear into a black hole in cyberspace, but I would give it a few more days.

5. Jun 7, 2006 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I know they invented the web at CERN, but did they also have to put black holes in it?

6. Jun 7, 2006 #5

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Sorry about that, pervect.

All posts submitted to s.p.r via PF must be approved by a mentor before getting sent to s.p.r for their moderation.

I will make it my business to go through our s.p.r pending queue periodically so that things move along quickly. As of this moment, the queue is empty (at least on our end).

7. Jun 8, 2006 #6

jtbell

Usenet (invented at University of North Carolina and Duke University) existed at least a decade before the Web was invented at CERN. :wink:

8. Jun 8, 2006 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

But that's not nearly as funny.

9. Jun 8, 2006 #8

Danger

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Are you after my badge? :grumpy: :uhh:

10. Jun 13, 2006 #9

pervect

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

It's been almost a week since Doc Al expidited my post, passing it into the next layer of moderation, the spr moderation system.

Unfortunately, checking with google and Xnews, I don't see any signs of my post actually making it to the sci.physics.research forum :-(. So I have to wonder, again, if it has fallen through some crack in the system.

11. Jun 14, 2006 #10

Doc Al

Hmmm... checking Google, I don't see it either. I guess I still don't understand how this works. I thought that once a post reappeared under PF/s.p.r, that meant it had made it through the s.p.r moderation queue.

Your post is certainly in our list. (Isn't this the post in question?: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=123112)

If you want to repost it, I will pass it through immediately.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?