Scientific Songs for Playlist - Add to Your Favorites Now!

• Thread starter Hawksteinman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Scientific
In summary, there is a wide range of scientific songs available, ranging from educational to funny parodies. Some popular examples include "Blinded Me With Science" by Thomas Dolby, "Weird Science" by Oingo Boingo, "Mr. Roboto" by Styx, "The Future's So Bright" by Timbuk 3, and "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden. Other recommendations include "Galaxy Song" from the movie "The Meaning of Life", "Symphony of Science" by Eric Idle, and "Entanglement" by an unknown music group.
Hawksteinman
Does anyone know any other good scientifiic songs to add to my playlist? I currently have these:

I listen to them 3 times a day each; When I wake up, some other time through the day when I feel like it, and before I go to sleep :)

I would like to have a playlist full of songs similar to these, thanks :woot:

Likes infinitebubble and BillTre
Physics news on Phys.org
DNA:

Likes infinitebubble and Hawksteinman
This is the best

Likes Ibix, Bandersnatch, Hawksteinman and 1 other person
These are more funny science-based parodies than educational. You might need to have worked in a biology lab to fully appreciate the second video:

Likes infinitebubble, BillTre and Hawksteinman
These aren't too modern, but they were great for kids. I grew up with them - part of the reason I became an engineer. I guess they're back in print too. And as is pointed out at the bottom of the linked page, don't forget Tom Lehrer's "The Elements".

https://acme.com/jef/singing_science/

While not exactly a song, this is the title track from a Vangelis Album

Likes infinitebubble and BillTre

Likes infinitebubble and Hawksteinman
Don't forget the Galaxy Song! (From the Meaning of Life).

Eric Idle's favorite of his songs.

Likes Jimmy and Hawksteinman
Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby

Weird Science by Oingo Boingo

Mr. Roboto by Styx

The Future's So Bright by Timbuk 3

Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden

Last edited:
Likes Hawksteinman
this is sort of scientific, I just recently found this music group and I really like them

Likes Hawksteinman

Likes Hawksteinman
Entanglement

Likes Hawksteinman

1. What is the purpose of creating a playlist of scientific songs?

The purpose of creating a playlist of scientific songs is to provide a fun and engaging way for people to learn and appreciate science. These songs often use catchy tunes and relatable lyrics to make complex scientific concepts more accessible and enjoyable.

2. Are these songs suitable for all ages?

Yes, many scientific songs are suitable for all ages. Some are specifically geared towards children, while others are more suitable for adults. It is important to review the lyrics and themes of each song before adding it to a playlist for a specific age group.

3. Can I use these songs for educational purposes?

Yes, these songs can be a great addition to science lessons as they can help students remember important concepts and make learning more engaging. However, it is important to properly credit the artists and obtain any necessary permissions for using the songs in an educational setting.

4. What genres of music are typically included in scientific songs?

Scientific songs can range from pop and rock to rap and hip-hop. They can also include elements of other genres such as folk, electronic, and even musical theater. The diversity of genres allows for a wider appeal and can make science more accessible to a variety of audiences.

5. Can I suggest a song to add to the playlist?

Yes, suggestions for songs to add to the playlist are always welcome. You can reach out to the playlist creator or submit your suggestion through a designated platform. However, all suggestions will be reviewed to ensure they align with the purpose and theme of the playlist.