What is the Math TV playlist and how can I access it?

• Thread starter dkotschessaa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Video
In summary, the conversation discusses a new math channel on Pluto.tv that was created by one of the participants. The channel includes a playlist of math-related videos from various sources and also has a separate playlist for longer, documentary style videos. The creator is open to suggestions and is also looking into creating an audio equivalent, such as a "math radio." The copyright issues of some of the videos are also mentioned.
dkotschessaa
So I was on this site called pluto.tv (which is pretty cool but) I was disappointed that they had no "math channel." I even tried to get them to create one, and they looked into it, but no. So I made one. Sort of.

So here's what you do. Go here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvzaBsnVmPpAG0KYOeoTCxawYiu4iFrry

Click "play all"
And hit the "shuffle" button at the top left of the playlist.

Of course you don't have to watch it on shuffle, but as these things start in the same place every time it's nice to just have it go randomly.

If anybody has any idea of a better way to do this, like to where you could just go to some URL and have it play as if it were "live TV" then let me know.

I try to update the playlist when new stuff pops up from:
Numperphile
Vi Hart
Computerphile (if it's on the mathy side).

and a few others.

I am open to suggestions!

-Dave K

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Thanks!
I almost forgot: I also added "Math TV 2" where I moved the longer, documentary style videos. I can't speak to the copyright issues of some of the videos though. Of course they are coming from other youtube users and I have just linked to them. I have not watched most of them.

I have a ton of podcasts also, and am trying to see if I can create some audio equivalent. Math radio!

1. What is the "Massive Math Video Playlist"?

The "Massive Math Video Playlist" is a curated collection of educational videos covering a wide range of math topics. These videos are intended for students, teachers, or anyone who wants to learn more about math.

2. Who created the "Massive Math Video Playlist"?

The "Massive Math Video Playlist" was created by a team of experienced math educators and researchers. They carefully selected and organized the videos to provide a comprehensive and engaging learning experience.

3. What topics are covered in the "Massive Math Video Playlist"?

The "Massive Math Video Playlist" covers a wide range of math topics, including basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, and more. There are also videos on math history, real-world applications, and problem-solving strategies.

4. Is the "Massive Math Video Playlist" suitable for all ages?

Yes, the "Massive Math Video Playlist" is suitable for all ages, from elementary school students to adults. The videos are carefully selected to be engaging and understandable for learners of all levels.

5. Can I use the "Massive Math Video Playlist" as a teaching resource?

Yes, the "Massive Math Video Playlist" can be a valuable teaching resource for educators. The videos cover a variety of math topics and can be used to supplement classroom instruction or as part of a flipped classroom approach.