What will Seagate's acquisition of Maxtor mean for hard drives?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rachmaninoff
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
rachmaninoff
[SOLVED] Seagate buys Maxtor

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051221/bs_nm/maxtor_seagate_dc

What will this mean for hard drives?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
1 of 2

Either the Maxtor line survives as the Seagate "affordable solution" or Maxtor drives have a Seagate label slapped on them.

It won't bother me since I buy Western Digital.
 
I exclusively buy Seagate HD's. I really hope this won't have effect on the quality of their products. I can't really think of any possible problems from this takeover, but I never really liked Maxtor.
 
Didn't Maxtor and Quantum merge just a few years ago?
 
Another dog eats dog corporate IT move... I wish that these companies would stop eating there competitors...