Search field obscures notifications

• Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date
In summary, there was an issue with the search field overlapping notifications in Firefox at a screen resolution of 1280 by 720. However, after updating to Firefox 22, the issue seemed to have disappeared without any changes being made to the browser configuration.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
Today I notice that the search field that's below my user name obscures my notifications (which I tend to neglect anyway). This is in Firefox. Zooming out doesn't change this. Is there a fix?

Attachments

• pfscreenshot.jpg
    pfscreenshot.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 366
Physics news on Phys.org
I just updated to FF22 and it looks fine for me. What resolution are you viewing at?

Greg Bernhardt said:
I just updated to FF22 and it looks fine for me. What resolution are you viewing at?

My screen resolution is 1280 by 720

Stephen Tashi said:
My screen resolution is 1280 by 720

strange, I can't replicate. Looks ok for me on Chrome/FF at 1280x720 on Win 7

This morning, the problem has gone away. My computer has been rebooted but I didn't change anything about the browser configuration.

1. What is the "Search field obscures notifications" issue?

The "Search field obscures notifications" issue refers to a problem where the search bar on a website or app covers up important notifications, making them difficult or impossible to see or access.

2. Why does the search field obscure notifications?

The search field may obscure notifications due to a design flaw in the website or app, where the search bar is placed in a location that overlaps with the notification area. This can also happen if the search field is too large or if the notifications are not given enough space on the screen.

3. How does the "Search field obscures notifications" issue affect the user experience?

The "Search field obscures notifications" issue can greatly impact the user experience by making it frustrating and difficult for users to access important notifications. It can also lead to missed notifications, which may be time-sensitive or critical for the user.

4. Is there a way to fix the "Search field obscures notifications" issue?

Yes, this issue can be fixed by adjusting the design of the website or app. This can include moving the search bar to a different location, making it smaller, or giving more space to the notification area. Developers can also use responsive design techniques to ensure that the issue does not occur on different screen sizes.

5. How can I report the "Search field obscures notifications" issue?

If you encounter this issue on a website or app, you can report it to the developers by using the feedback or support feature provided. You can also reach out to the customer service team or leave a review mentioning the issue. Providing specific details such as the device and browser you are using can help developers troubleshoot and fix the issue more effectively.