Searching for best ferromagetic cathode for aluminum anode battery

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
shushi_boi
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
This is a list of ferromagnetic materials that I've found on Wikipedia's category ferromagnetic materials page.

I was wondering which of these materials would make possibly great cathodes for aluminum anode in the application of creating an sulfuric solution based acid battery. The battery I want to design has centrifugal cells and I want to empirically test out this internal affect that it may have within the battery (similar to flywheel battery technology with the added chemical reaction effect as well).

I was thinking of a cobalt oxide but it's been a while since I dealt with a similar problem to this one so I can't souly trust my own intuition on this one. Any possible guidance will be greatly appreciated!

Here is the list of the possible cathode candidates that I'm searching for
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Ferromagnetic_materials

A
B
C
D
F
G
H
I
M
N
P
R
S
Y
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Sorry, I forgot to mention that the aluminum anode that I want to use is an alloy of aluminum, specifically classified as 6101.
http://www.suppliersonline.com/propertypages/6101.asp
Chemistry Data : [top]
Aluminum...Balance

Boron......0.06 max

Chromium...0.03 max

Copper......0.1 max

Iron......0.5 max

Magnesium.....0.35 - 0.7

Manganese.....0.03 max
Remainder Each...0.03 max
Remainder Total...0.1 max

Silicon.....0.3 - 0.7

Zinc.....0.1 maxAnd the cobalt won't be an oxide because it is a cathode, so a cobalt oxide I know wouldn't help.