Seeking for jobs as a soon to be PhD

  • Thread starter Thread starter thavamaran
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jobs Phd
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
thavamaran
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

I am currently writing-up my PhD thesis, research topic is in the area 4G LTE and optical fibre communication integration, from not very well reputed university in UK. I have published about 8 papers, where 3 of it are IEEE journals. I have another 3 under review, with one of it is IEEE journal as well. Most of my conferences are top spec. All 11 papers were achieved within 2 and a half years.

My specialized area is digital communications, including all modulation schemes, especially OFDM. Highly skilled in DSP.

I also have teaching experience in DSP and optical fibre communication since 2010.

My skills are including, programming languages, C, C++, MATLAB, Verilog HDL. Most circuit design CADs.

Very skillful in experimental work, I have used a wide range of test instruments. I have experience in baseband, radio frequency, optoelectronic circuits design. Basic experience in digital circuit design.

Could anyone please advice where I could look for a job, or if any experienced engineer looking for a graduate with PhD, please feel free to contact me.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
At the PhD level you ought to stress what you can do for your employer, show what you've done, and discuss some of your ideas.

People are looking for someone who has a sense of direction, not a need to play with expensive toys on the company dollar.